Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m anxiously awaiting the “end of September” email today to communicate new delivery window plans/ better communicate an October email. Anyone else waiting anxiously??

·
Registered
528 Posts
Never saw an email from Rivian that stated this was going to happen just a bunch of posts. Last communication told me first half of 23
No email, but the website has this:
When will Rivian share the next round of delivery window estimates?
In June, we began sending updated delivery window estimates to R1T and R1S preorder holders. For preorder holders still waiting to hear about their delivery timelines, we will communicate the next round of updated windows in late October.

We'll also be sending an email with additional details towards the end of September so that you know what to expect with Octobers' delivery window communications.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Shocked that they actually sent it (got mine 10 mins ago).

the thing that continues to frustrate me and I have tried to inquire about in the past, is the configuration impacting delivery date. Within reason I would make changes if I knew something was causing me to be delayed.
In particular I'm worried if my wheel and tire selection would be cause for delay since it's something I can just do aftermarket

·
Registered
Red/Black R1T Adventure, max pack, off-road, 22 Sports.
83 Posts
Got one for Canadian deliveries today. Yes, it's only starting November/December in Vancouver before a greater rollout across the country, but at least there's progress. I'm thinking the earliest I'll be getting mine isn't until late 2023 at best.

·
Registered
572 Posts
OMG will folks please get their panties back on. It's a perfectly informative and polite email, just bother to read it please:

To provide more visibility into your preorder’s status and help you better plan for delivery, we’ll be adding your delivery timing estimate to your Rivian Account in late October. We appreciate your patience while we've built out this new functionality.

Delivery timing estimates are based on your original preorder date, delivery location and your saved configuration. For this initial update, we will use your preorder information as of October 16th to calculate your estimate. Your estimate should appear in your Account at the end of the month. We will share details of how the Account updates will work moving forward when the feature launches next month.

As we continue making updates and additions to our product line, we will do our best to indicate when deliveries for new options will begin. It's worth reiterating that changing your configuration will almost always result in a change to your delivery timing estimate. We plan production several months out, batching groups of similarly configured vehicles to be built in succession. This approach improves predictability with our supply chain and allows us to build more vehicles. We want you to choose the Rivian vehicle that’s perfect for you, and while it’s possible your estimate could shift for other reasons, it’s important to underscore the impact changes have on your delivery timing estimate.

Many of you have requested this feature and our team is excited to deliver it. We look forward to you seeing it next month.

Tony Caravano
Head of Rivian Customer Engagement

·
Registered
15 Posts
Delivery timing estimates are based on your original preorder date, delivery location and your saved configuration. For this initial update, we will use your preorder information as of October 16th to calculate your estimate. Your estimate should appear in your Account at the end of the month. We will share details of how the Account updates will work moving forward when the feature launches next month.
At this point, waiting a month to determine our ETA which will probably be bumped anyway is not a big deal. What I read into this email was the October 16th deadline to determine whether I should pick Limestone or El Cap Granite......this is a tough choice only using the online configurator.....there are so many different versions of real life photos that I can't choose.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Rivian said they would provide the delivery window est in our accounts last year... still waiting. On the plus side CS reported my OCT-DEC window is still on track and that I should get a guide in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I got one also, white on white R1S order; old pricing, end of this month notice, is acceptable; let them get those body panels aligned the best they can. I hope they deliver by the end of the year, for nobody knows what the government rebate will be starting January 1, 2023. I am under $80K by 500 dollars, I did their early purchase paperwork, but the new legislature has a big thing against non-US battery components. Funny, we bought oil from Russia, and Europe still does, but far be it that an EV with their Green New Deal initiatives built into the Inflation Reduction Bill has some minerals from China. There will be enough people bailing out of orders with the current stock market and truck/car loans (which will go up again by December). No more low-interest cash for several years. Pay five, six, or seven percent; your payment just doubled from the time you orderred. Those free checks weren't free.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Never got any estimated delivery date but did get request of confirmation of my order on 10/1. I completed the purchase agreement and was told yesterday my truck was being prepared for shipment and expect to take 6-8 weeks for delivery to Bellevue, WA. That seems a little excessive. It is being shipped by rail. My original reservation was 7/5/2021. Sure hope it was worth the wait. I want to know how long most people had to wait for delivery after being notified it shipped.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Never got any estimated delivery date but did get request of confirmation of my order on 10/1. I completed the purchase agreement and was told yesterday my truck was being prepared for shipment and expect to take 6-8 weeks for delivery to Bellevue, WA. That seems a little excessive. It is being shipped by rail. My original reservation was 7/5/2021. Sure hope it was worth the wait. I want to know how long most people had to wait for delivery after being notified it shipped.
You have no idea how many people have been waiting literally years longer than you. I think you should feel fortunate to have the opportunity to move forward with your purchase this early.

From posts on here it sounds like 6-8 weeks is pretty common but there have been outliers who have posted taking delivery very quickly after completing the 8 steps.

Hope you enjoy the truck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m anxiously awaiting the “end of September” email today to communicate new delivery window plans/ better communicate an October email. Anyone else waiting anxiously??
I did hear yesterday that my number has come up! I wanted to change the colors in my config it has been locked in my profile. I've got a phone call setup for tomorrow to change. We'll see how long that delays delivery.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts