Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seats are heated and ventilated, but is there a steering wheel heater in the R1T?

Are the windows and panoramic roof treated with something like 3m crystalline tint to avoid Infrared heat transmission into the cabin?

Is there a tire pressure monitoring system?

EV owners understand how maintaining proper tire inflation and
using as little cabin heat and air conditioning as possible substantially adds to electric range. Since the nationwide fast charging network is still rather poor, range anxiety is still going to be a factor for the foreseeable future for long distance travel.

·
Registered
646 Posts
  • From my understanding there is a heated steering wheel for the R1T
  • I'm not sure about the 3m crystaline, that'd be a good question to ask Rivian customer service. The closest thing that I can think of is the electrochromic roof might have it.
  • There should be a tire pressure monitoring system. Pretty much the standard these days.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe required, but my RAV4 only has a warning light. My BoltEV has the actual pressure displayed for each tire...a much better system. Hopefully Rivian R1T will be the same, but haven't heard anything yet from customer service, except TPMS would be present.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Maybe required, but my RAV4 only has a warning light. My BoltEV has the actual pressure displayed for each tire...a much better system. Hopefully Rivian R1T will be the same, but haven't heard anything yet from customer service, except TPMS would be present.
The Bolt is treated like the step child of the industry but being my first Chevy in 26 years has left me very impressed with my purchase.

·
Registered
55 Posts
How about on the fly tire inflation/deflation, like the H1 had decades ago? If there is TPMS and an on-board compressor, there are only a few other bits to make that work.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How about on the fly tire inflation/deflation, like the H1 had decades ago? If there is TPMS and an on-board compressor, there are only a few other bits to make that work.
I sent them an email about just that some months ago. I've read that the HUMVEE's CTIS had issues but I don't really recall any problems with it way back when I had to drive one of the obnoxiously large things. I've never driven one of the civilian versions. But, it seems like an easy add-on with some engineering work.

·
Registered
188 Posts
All of my GM vehicles, going back to 2008 GMC and Saturn as well as 2017 Bolt, all have a display of the actual tire pressure (selectable menu), in addtion to the warning light. The warning light became law after the famous Firestone blowouts that were causing accidents.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Depending on which Package you added on, Rivian provides a 'manual' option for inflating the ties. Mostly for those that need to adjust tire pressure for various off-road adventures.

Air compressor
A digital interface lets you set your desired air pressure output up to 150 psi. It features a quick-connect nozzle with a hose that extends to all four wheels. There’s also a hose and nozzle set that fits nicely in the Gear Tunnel door for bicycle tires, inflatable rafts and more. Our air compressor is included in the Off-Road Upgrade.

·
Registered
13 Posts
All of my GM vehicles, going back to 2008 GMC and Saturn as well as 2017 Bolt, all have a display of the actual tire pressure (selectable menu), in addtion to the warning light. The warning light became law after the famous Firestone blowouts that were causing accidents.
As does my Honda Ridgeline

1 - 10 of 10 Posts