Verified

The official EPA range values for our Launch Edition vehicles are in:
R1T Large Pack: 314 miles
R1S Large Pack: 316 miles
We'll share more EPA information about other editions as we have it

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think this is pretty good range, certainly it exceeds what was promised. Like others, I'm curious to know how the "conserve" 2 wheel drive option affects range and whether the EPA figures are based on the 2 wheel drive option. I kind of doubt it, but hopefully we'll find out more soon.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Awesome to see these finally. Strange the SUV gets slightly longer range, very slightly, but less empg. Only question I am person still waiting on is what material the floor is.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Also curious what tires were used for the EPA ranges. How about the off-road package, they had previously indicated that would impact range.

Also curious what tires were used for the EPA ranges. How about the off-road package, they had previously indicated that would impact range.

Attachments

·
Registered
294 Posts
Most often, the best case "normal" driving scenarios are enacted when determining EPA estimates. Hence, very likely the econo drive mode was enabled that switches to 2-wheel drive, absolutely certain the Tonneau would be closed and likely at its lowest available ride height, with no load. Although, Ford interestingly, chose to estimate their numbers with 1,000 lbs in payload.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I suspect the Tonneau cover is negligible either way within +/-1%. Modern trucks are built with aerodynamics that sends the air flow over the bed of the truck, this way a load such as a pile of dirt won’t come flying out.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Maybe my math is wrong but if the R1T is at 48 kWh/100 mi. How does the MAX Battery 180kW at 48 kWh/100 mi get you a 400-mile range? 180/48=375
That number is charge rate from the plug accounting for charging inefficiencies. It is meant to give a more accurate cost basis for annul spend based on number of miles driven. It is different than the usage used for range. That number is closer to 427 watts per mile. 135000/316

·
Registered
11 Posts
That number is charge rate from the plug accounting for charging inefficiencies. It is meant to give a more accurate cost basis for annul spend based on number of miles driven. It is different than the usage used for range. That number is closer to 427 watts per mile. 135000/316
Welcome to the forum @Zaky
Which Rivian model did you order?
I am replacing a Mercedes Benz G500 and Land Rover. So ordered one of each.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Maybe my math is wrong but if the R1T is at 48 kWh/100 mi. How does the MAX Battery 180kW at 48 kWh/100 mi get you a 400-mile range? 180/48=375
It doesn’t. Which is why Rivian has gone quiet regarding the 180kw battery in the R1S. It’ll be something more than than 316 miles but no ones willing to say or advertise it (until 2022 it seems). I’m waiting to hear from my guide and hopefully have some idea how much longer to wait for how much more range (5% more? 10% more? 25% more)? I’ll probably be too impatient to wait and fulfill my current reservation and be perfectly happy w 300mi range. My Land Cruiser only has a 250mi range tops anyway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If the batteries are truly 180 and 135 kWh, then the Max pack is 1.333 times the size of the Large pack. If the large pack gets 300 mile range nominally, then the Max would get 400. This of course doesn't account for the added weight of the Max pack and the range hit that will have.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.