Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Rivian owners,
EV expo opportunity and chance to escape oppressive heat! The WNC Climate Action Coalition is hosting an EV educational session for the public followed by an EV expo on Saturday, 8/13 in Waynesville, NC. Located 7 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and 12 miles from the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Waynesville is an idyllic mountain town of 10k people with great restaurants and breweries. We are hosting event space for 50 EVs, and while we'll get plenty of Teslas, most people in our community drive trucks. We would love to have a few Rivians (or a lot of Rivian R1Ts and R1Ss) on hand, so that local folks and tourists can witness the awesomeness of electrification. The educational session will run from 10a-11:30 on 8/13, with an EV expo from 11:30a-2p. The expo will be in downtown Waynesville at First UMC (566 S Haywood Street, Waynesville, NC 28786). Importantly, the parking lot is somewhat shaded and the forecast for 8/13 is sunny and a high of 79, low of 60. If you are interested in attending and mingling with the inquisitive public from 11:30 to 2p, please email me at the following address with your contact info, year, make and model: [email protected]. Also we have a DCFC about 8 minutes from downtown Waynesville and Level 2 chargers in town.

Cheers,
William Hite
(Rivian R1T reservation holder: delivery date 12/22--01/23)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Rivian owners,
EV expo opportunity and chance to escape oppressive heat! The WNC Climate Action Coalition is hosting an EV educational session for the public followed by an EV expo on Saturday, 8/13 in Waynesville, NC. Located 7 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway and 12 miles from the Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Waynesville is an idyllic mountain town of 10k people with great restaurants and breweries. We are hosting event space for 50 EVs, and while we'll get plenty of Teslas, most people in our community drive trucks. We would love to have a few Rivians (or a lot of Rivian R1Ts and R1Ss) on hand, so that local folks and tourists can witness the awesomeness of electrification. The educational session will run from 10a-11:30 on 8/13, with an EV expo from 11:30a-2p. The expo will be in downtown Waynesville at First UMC (566 S Haywood Street, Waynesville, NC 28786). Importantly, the parking lot is somewhat shaded and the forecast for 8/13 is sunny and a high of 79, low of 60. If you are interested in attending and mingling with the inquisitive public from 11:30 to 2p, please email me at the following address with your contact info, year, make and model: [email protected]. Also we have a DCFC about 8 minutes from downtown Waynesville and Level 2 chargers in town.

Cheers,
William Hite
(Rivian R1T reservation holder: delivery date 12/22--01/23)
I am bummed. I would love to bring up ours and help but we have to move our daughter into Charleston next weekend

1 - 2 of 2 Posts