Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got delivery of my R1T yesterday and quickly discovered that it does not qualify for the state EV rebate here in Oregon. Apparently any vehicle whose MSRP is > $50K is ineligible.

More of a heads-up than anything, if you're anticipating a state rebate, make sure you read the fine print.

·
Registered
Max Pack Rivian, Red Canyon w/ FE
11 Posts
Almost no state rebate will qualify for the R1T. Hell even the federal rebate doesn't qualify due to the vehicle needing to be manufactured by union workers. Apparently the EV players are working hard to get this changed, however, the union workers bullet point is quite ridiculous in my opinion.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Hell even the federal rebate doesn't qualify due to the vehicle needing to be manufactured by union workers.
There is no requirement for union workers in the currently available federal EV tax credit. Please don't spread misinformation. The R1T/R1S most certainly DO qualify for the federal tax credit.

·
Registered
Max Pack Rivian, Red Canyon w/ FE
11 Posts
Sorry, I meant to say future ev tax bills that are currently on the table which are part of Biden’s build back better program.

Also, build needs to stay under $80,000 to get the credits. Which EV manufacturers also are trying to remove the limit so it opens it up for EV consumers.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Mach E Premium ER AWD
48 Posts
Just FYI Texas has exceeded the number of applicants for its $2500 EV rebate program and is expected to run out of funds. Texas Emissions Reduction Program (TERP) form TCEQ-20684

I'm with EaglesPDX I would apply anyway in Oregon. You never know.

·
Registered
2022 Ford Mach E Premium ER AWD
48 Posts
Can't. Rivian isn't even a choice in the drop-down list of vehicles on the website to apply for the rebate.
That's a problem across the board with so many changes and new models being introduced these efforts are slow to respond and update. After researching several states' rebate programs they are put in place years ahead of time when funded and don't update websites. I would reach out to the website-provided email for help. I was pleasantly surprised when I got a reply from the program in Texas.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just FYI Texas has exceeded the number of applicants for its $2500 EV rebate program and is expected to run out of funds. Texas Emissions Reduction Program (TERP) form TCEQ-20684

I'm with EaglesPDX I would apply anyway in Oregon. You never know.
I'm not concerned at all. Rivian told me I'd get my R1S "sometime after 2022" which I interpreted as 2032.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In ME, they originally didn't have the R1T listed as qualified for pickup as the price they saw was post Mar prices. The max price for this category is 73K. When i told them that my config as preorder holder is at 73k with pre-Mar price, they listed it on their list of qualified vehicles. Now my purchase price shows msrp of 73k and i will send them my rebate application and other supporting documents they require. I'll see if this gets approved for 2k rebate. 🙏

1 - 20 of 22 Posts