Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like there's another EV pickup truck company trying to make its mark on the market.

Electric truck startup Workhorse has obtained $25 million in new funding from investors according to carscoops.com.

The Cincinnati-based company has encountered some financial difficulties in recent times and it recently emerged that it was in talks with General Motors to buy the car manufacturer’s idled factory in Ohio.

In a statement, Workhorse revealed that its latest round of funds came from an unnamed group of institutional investors and isn’t intended to go towards the purchase of the plant.
“This funding provides Workhorse with sufficient capital to fully deliver on our existing backlog and will enable us to make significant strides in our strategic vision of being a leader in the electric last mile delivery space,” current Workhorse chief executive Duane Hughes said. “We now have all necessary pieces in place to bridge Workhorse into full-scale N-GEN production and are looking forward to commencing the manufacturing process, in earnest, during the fourth quarter of this year.”

Workhorse unveiled a prototype of its W-15 electric pickup truck a couple of years ago, but has yet to commence production. It is believed they will initially focus on building battery-powered lightweight vans for customers including UPS, DHL, and others before rolling out the W-15.

·
Registered
449 Posts
They won't win anyone on design if that's how the final product will look.
Rivian got it right the first time around.
Yeah this is definitely designed for being a commercial utility truck, and for that purpose I think the design is not bad. Since it's not an adventure vehicle like like the R1T I don't think it will cause any problems for Rivian.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah this is definitely designed for being a commercial utility truck, and for that purpose I think the design is not bad. Since it's not an adventure vehicle like like the R1T I don't think it will cause any problems for Rivian.
If that's the case then its a bit too wild.
I think coming out with a design that can work in both commercial and retail segments would be better anyways.

·
Registered
339 Posts
If that's the case then its a bit too wild.
I think coming out with a design that can work in both commercial and retail segments would be better anyways.
No smart company would go with them either.
F-150 electric retrofits are better when everything but the electric components can be found at local dealers just sitting on a shelf.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts