Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All! I placed my ore order for the R1T a couple weeks ago but missed being accepted into the launch window. Why? Because I hadn’t heard of Rivian til a couple weeks ago after placing a order for the Model Y and went to IMMEDIATELY place order on R1T. My question to you: is anyone in the Launch order that would be willing to switch? Why? Cause I fricken LOVE that launch color and it won’t be offered elsewise. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Welcome @Tim87!
Has Rivian given you any delivery timeline info so far? Are you planning to own both the Model Y and Rivian R1T?
Good luck finding someone that wants to give up their launch order!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey All! I placed my ore order for the R1T a couple weeks ago but missed being accepted into the launch window. Why? Because I hadn’t heard of Rivian til a couple weeks ago after placing a order for the Model Y and went to IMMEDIATELY place order on R1T. My question to you: is anyone in the Launch order that would be willing to switch? Why? Cause I fricken LOVE that launch color and it won’t be offered elsewise. Cheers!
Welcome to the forum Tim! If you're looking to switch you've come to the right place. There's a lot of people on here that snagged a launch edition.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
239 Posts
I’m doubtful that Rivian will allow that. They will likely force the original applicant to take legal possession of the vehicle or cancel the order altogether. And depending on the state, taking and then changing ownership could create a tax event and also cause issues with the federal tax credit.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Welcome @Tim87 If worse comes to worst you can always wrap your R1T in that launch edition green.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome @Tim87!
Has Rivian given you any delivery timeline info so far? Are you planning to own both the Model Y and Rivian R1T?
Good luck finding someone that wants to give up their launch order!
Hey there! I’m set for Jan 2022 delivery. Thank you, I hope I find someone open to switching!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’m doubtful that Rivian will allow that. They will likely force the original applicant to take legal possession of the vehicle or cancel the order altogether. And depending on the state, taking and then changing ownership could create a tax event and also cause issues with the federal tax credit.
When I spoke to Customer Service twice I was told they’d allow it. Hope they hold true to that when I find someone.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
95 Posts
Timing is everything. I am very happy waiting on Jan-Feb 2022 not only because my current lease ends then but this will allow for people to get their vehicles in June-July 2021 and they can provide feedback prior to getting mine.

Very excited for my R1S though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts