Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone considered the implications of bidirectional charging that the F150 is offering? Since I am seriously considering adding a battery back up to my home to supplement my solar PV system, this is a really huge benefit that is being offered by Ford over Rivian. The cost to do so is in the $20k range to meet my PV needs, so if I have the option, then applying that cost to the Ford instead means the Ford just became that much cheaper. I am seriously hoping Rivian will consider adding bidirectional charging as an option. For me that may be the difference in which vehicle I ultimately purchase. Curious to what thoughts others have on the subject.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting take. For perspective, I am subject to tropical weather nearly yearly. Since I have a solar PV array, the primary purpose of the battery back up is to provide an energy source at night, and during the day it would charge back up from the PV panels. In the event of this situation, I would be at home, not "bugging out".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.