Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy about the choice for the audio system supplier (Meridian). However, the one place where the current audio implementation misses substantially for me is having good options for lossless audio sources.

My strong preference would be support for a USB stick support that can play FLAC files. Perhaps a future option might be for something like support for lossless bluetooth streaming via aptX codec.

I understand I might be in the minority here (maybe most people love their Spotify or streaming from their phone). I would personally prefer to have a hi-def audio source that requires no connectivity and doesn't drain my phone.

Thanks for listening

·
Registered
506 Posts
Supposedly the Meridian system in the R1T is really great, being able to play FLAC from a USB stick would be awesome!

Aren't there any audiophiles at Rivian who crave audio excellence in their vehicle? Heck, even my 2017 i3 can play FLAC....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Must be in the minority with you... I run minim server with BubbleUPnP server at home - VPN in on my phone to my home network to play FLAC rips of my music collection - would love to use USB-C or even a headphone jack instead of Bluetooth.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Must be in the minority with you... I run minim server with BubbleUPnP server at home - VPN in on my phone to my home network to play FLAC rips of my music collection - would love to use USB-C or even a headphone jack instead of Bluetooth.
Agreed, in the event that Rivian can't manage a reasonable in-screen FLAC player from USB ... at least a 3.5mm ext jack into the Meridian so I could use a portable FLAC-capable player, would be an option. Much less desirable, to me at least, than an integrated FLAC-capable player ... but still better than nothing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I am happy about the choice for the audio system supplier (Meridian). However, the one place where the current audio implementation misses substantially for me is having good options for lossless audio sources.

My strong preference would be support for a USB stick support that can play FLAC files. Perhaps a future option might be for something like support for lossless bluetooth streaming via aptX codec.

I understand I might be in the minority here (maybe most people love their Spotify or streaming from their phone). I would personally prefer to have a hi-def audio source that requires no connectivity and doesn't drain my phone.

Thanks for listening
Yep, that would be best...still miss the DVD-A (DVD-Audio - Wikipedia) system that I had in a 2005 Acura. In the meantime, Amazon's high def streaming is pretty darn good. Check it out. Since the truck has its own connectivity, it won't drain your phone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, that would be best...still miss the DVD-A (DVD-Audio - Wikipedia) system that I had in a 2005 Acura. In the meantime, Amazon's high def streaming is pretty darn good. Check it out. Since the truck has its own connectivity, it won't drain your phone.
Thanks for that suggestion. I haven't tried that, so I should do so. At the end of the day, I just like bringing my own library of lossless tunes along, rather than streaming them. Perhaps I am just "old school" in that way ... in wanting a wide degree of choices when it comes to audio sources.

It just struck me as kind of an unnecessary limitation/miss (in comparison to less luxury/upscale tech-centric vehicles that support it ... e.g., a Tesla Model 3).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts