Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! While I am not the owner of this vehicle, I had the pleasure of paint correcting and ceramic coating it, as well as letting my photographer take it for a few hours. I just wanted to share the photos with this group which can be found in the link below. Our entire shop was very impressed with the build quality of the truck and it was a ton of fun "exploring" it and finding all of it's features. The quality feels miles ahead of any electric car competitor and I'm really excited to see more and more of these on the road!

Hope you enjoy the photos and if anyone has questions about detailing/protecting theirs, please let me know! I love getting involved with tight-knit communities such as this one and providing any help I can!

Photos can be found here: Rivian RT1 - Google Drive
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey @CeramicproCLE, what do you think about the paint quality compared to what other automakers offer?
Thanks for sharing those pictures, I posted them below.
View attachment 5934 View attachment 5935 View attachment 5936 View attachment 5937 View attachment 5938 View attachment 5939 View attachment 5940 View attachment 5941 View attachment 5942 View attachment 5943
[/QUOTE
Hey @CeramicproCLE, what do you think about the paint quality compared to what other automakers offer?
Thanks for sharing those pictures, I posted them below.
View attachment 5934 View attachment 5935 View attachment 5936 View attachment 5937 View attachment 5938 View attachment 5939 View attachment 5940 View attachment 5941 View attachment 5942 View attachment 5943
Being a newer company we honestly did not expect much, especially since the last 'new brand' we've dealt with is Tesla (and we all know about their paint quality issues). The paint itself is soft compared to a lot of manufacturers, but their overall quality control is very very good. There was little overspray and the car was in decent shape after being delivered, where as major manufacturer cars tend to get beat up and the paint gets marred during transport. If you want a complete honest opinion - it's far better than Tesla's and only slightly lagging behind Lucid's. Lucid's paint was hard and the quality was very good, but Im interested to see if that carries on as time goes

·
Registered
118 Posts
Awesome job, if you don't mind sharing, how much did you charge for this and how long would you need the vehicle? You can message me if you prefer.

I really like the black interior in these pics, I have Ocean Coast on order now and I am inclined to stick with that. Would be nice of I ever get to see them in person.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awesome job, if you don't mind sharing, how much did you charge for this and how long would you need the vehicle? You can message me if you prefer.

I really like the black interior in these pics, I have Ocean Coast on order now and I am inclined to stick with that. Would be nice of I ever get to see them in person.
This example in particular was our entry level package right around $2000 which includes the prep, paint correction and a full coating of Ceramic Pro. Being new, not a ton of elbow grease is needed which is why I normally promote getting the work done as soon as possible. This coating should realistically last around 3-5 years if it's taken care of properly but there are options out there that go as far as lifetime warranty

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Being a newer company we honestly did not expect much, especially since the last 'new brand' we've dealt with is Tesla (and we all know about their paint quality issues). The paint itself is soft compared to a lot of manufacturers, but their overall quality control is very very good. There was little overspray and the car was in decent shape after being delivered, where as major manufacturer cars tend to get beat up and the paint gets marred during transport. If you want a complete honest opinion - it's far better than Tesla's and only slightly lagging behind Lucid's. Lucid's paint was hard and the quality was very good, but Im interested to see if that carries on as time goes
Thanks! I appreciate your take on it since there's probably very few like it currently.
What was the orange peel like?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey everyone! While I am not the owner of this vehicle, I had the pleasure of paint correcting and ceramic coating it, as well as letting my photographer take it for a few hours. I just wanted to share the photos with this group which can be found in the link below. Our entire shop was very impressed with the build quality of the truck and it was a ton of fun "exploring" it and finding all of it's features. The quality feels miles ahead of any electric car competitor and I'm really excited to see more and more of these on the road!

Hope you enjoy the photos and if anyone has questions about detailing/protecting theirs, please let me know! I love getting involved with tight-knit communities such as this one and providing any help I can!

Photos can be found here: Rivian RT1 - Google Drive
View attachment 5932
Whenever I get mine, I'm gonna give you a call. I'm in Akron!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts