Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
310 Posts
Any other ladies buying Rivians out there? Seems like it's mostly men on this forum, but wanted to say hi to my Rivian sisters! 💃
Welcome @Circe! I think it’s more that men waste time on forums than it being anything relative to the Rivian’s appeal. It’s definitely a vehicle that can play to the needs and desires of both genders! I’m glad to see some diversity of input here. W

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
184 Posts
I also have 2 dogs just feel like with the seat down should be fine and you get the versatility to take more people when needed. I have 2 kids so I need the 3rd row for when in laws are visiting. Guess I will have to see in person to be sure it’s okay for the Fido. My dogs are also smaller than yours in between 20 and 30 lbs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep mine are crazy hunting dogs. One of them is a 10 month old puppy who just chewed through the upholstery in my X3. They need a dedicated space with a metal barrier. Maybe the same could be said of in-laws (lucky for me I don't have any! 😎)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yep mine are crazy hunting dogs. One of them is a 10 month old puppy who just chewed through the upholstery in my X3. They need a dedicated space with a metal barrier. Maybe the same could be said of in-laws (lucky for me I don't have any! 😎)
If the dogs are taller the 5 seater should have 70mm (2.7 inches) more height in the cargo area. The 7 seater is comparable to our Jeep Grand Cherokee, it works fine for our dogs 55 and 65 lb Border Collie/Husky mixes. If your picture is of one of your dogs, they do look taller than ours so you are probably making the right choice.

Below are the specs I got from customer service, when we were figuring out our R1S spec requirements. It splits out the cargo area between the 5 and 7 seat versions, I thought it might be useful to you.

• The cargo floor length behind third-row seats is 553 mm.
• The cargo width behind third-row seats is 1298 mm.
• The cargo floor length behind second-row seats is 1353 mm.
• The cargo width behind the second-row seats is 1298 mm.
• The cargo width minimum with 5 passenger seating is 1151 mm.
• The cargo height with 7-passenger seating is 855 mm.

• The cargo height with 5-passenger seating is 925 mm.

• The cargo width minimum and maximum ranges from 1084-1496 mm.
• The cargo volume behind the third-row seats is 499 liters.
• The cargo volume behind the second-row seats with the third row folded is 1323 liters.
• The cargo volume behind the first-row seats with the second and third-row seats folded down is 2499 liters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If the dogs are taller the 5 seater should have 70mm (2.7 inches) more height in the cargo area. The 7 seater is comparable to our Jeep Grand Cherokee, it works fine for our dogs 55 and 65 lb Border Collie/Husky mixes. If your picture is of one of your dogs, they do look taller than ours so you are probably making the right choice.

Below are the specs I got from customer service, when we were figuring out our R1S spec requirements. It splits out the cargo area between the 5 and 7 seat versions, I thought it might be useful to you.

• The cargo floor length behind third-row seats is 553 mm.
• The cargo width behind third-row seats is 1298 mm.
• The cargo floor length behind second-row seats is 1353 mm.
• The cargo width behind the second-row seats is 1298 mm.
• The cargo width minimum with 5 passenger seating is 1151 mm.
• The cargo height with 7-passenger seating is 855 mm.

• The cargo height with 5-passenger seating is 925 mm.

• The cargo width minimum and maximum ranges from 1084-1496 mm.
• The cargo volume behind the third-row seats is 499 liters.
• The cargo volume behind the second-row seats with the third row folded is 1323 liters.
• The cargo volume behind the first-row seats with the second and third-row seats folded down is 2499 liters.
Yep that's my pup when he was younger. They're big and tall boys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any other ladies buying Rivians out there? Seems like it's mostly men on this forum, but wanted to say hi to my Rivian sisters! 💃
Yep, going to be a farm truck here! Will be replacing my Silverado 2500HD and possibly I will do away with my Bolt too. Depends on height from ground to seat for hauling my 95 year old father.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts