Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not really a thorough unboxing post. Just some photos. A few thoughts:
1. Is it worth it? I think so, Apart from the value of the contents it might get be good for resale. People who buy used cars often like to see the extras (i.e., classic cars that have the original manual and tools)
2. Quality? Contents are pretty good. Shovel is cool but I can’t see it holding up to repeated use. Take some stuff out, add some stuff.
3. Bag quality? High. You get two Rivian cordura bags you can use for anything. Put the first aid stuff in something else and use the bag for phone chargers. You’ll get more use.
4. Door storage. Good idea but not practical. On a trip your passenger will want to use the door bin. So the field kit is going under the seat.

·
Registered
R1T Launch Edition
34 Posts
That rear seat is so poorly designed, it's a disappointment to the rest of the vehicle's attention to detail and functionality.
The rear seats should fold backwards, flat against the rear of the cabin – or be removable – leaving a wide, flat cargo floor.
The subwoofer should be under a seat or in the gear tunnel or at least removable (to be stowed in the frunk)
A small sub could even go in place of the camp speaker, be charged there and function as a wireless sub or stereo pair to the camp speaker.
Both the camp speaker and subwoofer could be "docked" in the frunk, leaving space for a locking, powered drawer to go in place of the camp speaker.
I'd much rather have locked, secure cabin storage (given no glove box and precious little cabin storage bin space) than a camp speaker that is rarely used by happens to be the closest device to the driver … an odd design choice.

As for the field kit, I'd rather they sold the fitted bag empty so I can use it to put stuff in the door

I'd also really like fitted hard cases for the frunk and gear tunnel.
The gear tunnel latch assembly should have been recessed, not obstructing the tunnel.
I'd like to have two fitted hard cases with wheels on the end to slide into the gear tunnel from each side, leaving a gap in the middle between them for the area behind the access hatch between the rear seats. That gap could be another fitted case designed to open to that hatch.
Alternatively, shorter "gear tunnel cases" could leave more space between them for a bespoke fridge-freezer to slide into the middle of the gear tunnel and be accessible from the rear seat hatch.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
That rear seat is so poorly designed, it's a disappointment to the rest of the vehicle's attention to detail and functionality.
The rear seats should fold backwards, flat against the rear of the cabin – or be removable – leaving a wide, flat cargo floor.
the seat doesn’t bother me. I think it’s easier to reach into with the forward-hinge given the door design. But either way would be fine.

The subwoofer should be under a seat or in the gear tunnel or at least removable (to be stowed in the frunk)
A small sub could even go in place of the camp speaker, be charged there and function as a wireless sub or stereo pair to the camp speaker.
Both the camp speaker and subwoofer could be "docked" in the frunk, leaving space for a locking, powered drawer to go in place of the camp speaker.
Hard NO. Removable subwoofer is a gimmick. Taking away gear tunnel space would be a bad compromise, and likely sub-optimal for sound anyway. Losing Frunk space is also a bad compromise to force on everyone. If you want to put the camp speaker in the Frunk you can…. But to force that on everyone would be a poor decision.

I'd much rather have locked, secure cabin storage (given no glove box and precious little cabin storage bin space) than a camp speaker that is rarely used by happens to be the closest device to the driver … an odd design choice.
The aftermarket could address this. There’s a ton of secure and semi-secure storage in the R1T — far more than any other truck.

As for the field kit, I'd rather they sold the fitted bag empty so I can use it to put stuff in the door
I basically bought it for that purpose. You can take out any contents you don’t want.

I'd also really like fitted hard cases for the frunk and gear tunnel. The gear tunnel latch assembly should have been recessed, not obstructing the tunnel. I'd like to have two fitted hard cases with wheels on the end to slide into the gear tunnel from each side, leaving a gap in the middle between them for the area behind the access hatch between the rear seats. That gap could be another fitted case designed to open to that hatch.
hardshell carry on luggage fits well. buy what ever model you like.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back to the field kit, I bought it because I've built my fair share of first aid kits for a variety of reasons and it just becomes a time killer.
1. If you want the bags, take the contents out; put the stuff in multiple sandwich bags sorted by content and label them with a marker so you can pull what you need in a hurry. keep them in a formed bag so you don't have to dump the contents out.
2. A shoe box under the rear seat would be perfect;
3. Store the shovel with the spare tire and jack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts