Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy 🇨🇦 Canada Day 🇨🇦 from Rivian…

Launch Edition R1T (preorder 2020) previous delivery window of July - September 2022 is now:

Thank you for your preorder and your commitment to helping us create a more sustainable world. As we continue to assess our supply chain and build plans, we want to provide an update on your estimated delivery window.

Your Launch Edition package R1T estimated delivery window is the second half of 2023

Your delivery window estimate is based on your preorder date, delivery location and current configuration. Here’s why your window has shifted:
  1. Supply chain
    As we’ve continued to navigate a tight supply chain, we’ve had to reduce complexity wherever possible, including prioritizing certain build combinations over others.
  2. Service Infrastructure
    We continue to prioritize deliveries in locations where service infrastructure is in place so that we can provide the full ownership experience to Rivian owners from day one.
We’re grateful for your continued support and will continue to keep you updated. Your preorder is a vote for finding better ways of doing things on a planet that needs all of us to innovate for the future. If you have any questions, please reach out to us.

Thank you again for being on this journey with us.

RIVIAN HATES CANADA!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered mine April 2019, Estimated Delivery window now is Dec/Jan 2023, for whatever that's worth. Honestly disgusted with the lack of communications from Rivian and these delivery dates mean absolutely nothing after constant pushbacks of dates. It shows lack of planning for a Canadian launch and it goes well beyond supply chain issues. If they were upfront and honest about it I would have a lot more respect for the organization but at this point not knowing if the Dec/Jan23 ends up being 2024, 2025 I have no choice but to look at getting in queue for a purchase with another manufacturer. Never have I had such highs and lows with a vehicle purchase before even receiving it.

I know Rivian is breaking new ground here and most buyers would be understanding with transparency, but the way Rivian's communications or lack there of have been the last few years shows an absolute disrespect for their potential buyers and will unfortunately cost them future loyalty from these clients that truly could have been loyal over multiple vehicle purchases. Again not faulting supply chains or macro factors that Rivian couldn't control, but both the lack of communications and disrespect shown to early supporters that put money down years ago is beyond baffling.

I think you could make a case study of Rivian's communications and teach what to absolutely NOT do as a startup.

Another disappointed early adopter Canadian.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just wish Rivian would provide more specific info for Canadians! Have you registered with transport Canada? When do you plan to register? When do you plan to open service centres in Canada?

If because of new and evolving supply chain issues you’re going to focus your efforts on delivering as many vehicles as you can in the US and at this time it isn’t prudent to expand into Canada concurrent to US - then just say so!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I feel for you guys, but really, Rivian's treatment of many of it's customers is pretty shoddy.

I've been waiting since May of 2020 to configure the vehicle that I want, the R1T Max. I've contacted Rivian CS countless times on this, and am sure I'm not alone in that. I still can't get any information on when I'll be able to order, though I did learn months ago that it will likely not be the 180 kWh battery pack. And of course, because it was only offered before the configurator went live, I will need to pay whatever price Rivian assigns to it.

It's not just Canadians getting this Elon-level customer treatment; I just hope that Rivian doesn't also follow Tesla's lead in terms of QA.

Not many options though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Damn, I keep telling people i bought one. I pushed off a chance at a lightning because it was a 2024 model for early 2023. I also ignored the silverado as a 2024 too far away.

I didn't even get an email from Rivian but I suspect I'm in the same boat with a mid 2021 order in Canada.

Was really hoping to ditch the gas guzzler soon it's 13 years old.

Keep eyeing ioniq 5s as an interim car to repace other 10 year old commuter but you can't buy those in Canada either.

Our gov says all EVs by 2035? They even talked about pushing that to 2030. And here we are only 7 years away now and you can't even buy an EV this year.

On the plus side the r1t for 100k will be a steal of the decade when a basic tundra will be 100k by the time i get delivery.

·
Registered
Red/Black R1T Adventure, max pack, off-road, 22 Sports.
71 Posts
I feel for you long termers. I'm much newer with an order placed this past January.

Overall, I'm not surprised (still disappointed) but will look to see the quarterly numbers that should be out soon to give me some guidance as I feel they've been producing more than they have predicted. It took 17 months for Tesla to deliver a Model X, so I can hold off for the moment. Rivian has their hands full trying to sort out issues but I'm hopeful it survives. Rivian has to get going on it's Service Centres - once they've got those started that's when I think we'll start getting them.

Personally, I don't trust Ford - whatever vehicles my family and I have owned have always had trouble, have oversold their features that have fallen flat for the most part and the dealerships have truly earned the nickname "stealerships".

·
Registered
109 Posts
Feel bad for everyone that's been waiting so long. I keep telling myself that the later the product-the less the issues. My logic is that there are issues to be worked out still and perhaps with a later delivery they will be worked out. I love cars and want to share the fact that I'm getting a Rivian (one day) with my friends but, I've refrained from that because of the moving delivery target. I hate to say it but I am also keeping an eye on other options. The MB EV G-wagon (EQG) looks very interesting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a very early order date Nov 2018 for R1T and have been assigned a first half 2023 delivery for a Max pack, launch edition R1S ordered early Dec 2018 also for the first half of 2023. I may have already had the R1T if I was ok with the large pack but I need more range for towing. I wonder if any Canadians have an R1T? Taking into consideration that the fine print stated there could be price increases I am pretty happy to get a 2023 for the 2018 price whenever it arrives. I have an order for the CT as well, the delivery dates are no better with CT. I will be surprised if the quad motor will be below 100K from the original quoted 69K for the trimotor. I will decide later which one/s to keep. The prices and availability for the domestics does not seem to be any better and that is if the dealers don't mark up the MSRP on you. I think only Chevrolet is claiming a 400mile range with the RST and only the Hummer has similar off-road capability.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My buddy spotted a R1T Launch Edition in grey with BC plates today. So there is some hope.

He’s a car greek and commented “Very nice styling in person and the build quality appears quite good in terms of body gaps and interior materials at first look anyway. I was impressed comparatively with the Teslas I have been around.”

My assumption is it was an employee out of the Vancouver Office but I do not know that for a fact.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Another Super disappointed Canuck!! 2nd half of 2023 news is a crazy long delay from my latest estimate of Q4 2022 with a Jan 2021 reservation for R1T. It's hard to watch all of those happy new owners south of the border, I for one will be tuning out of all things Rivian for a while. But happy for all those new owners nonetheless.

I'll just hope Rivian can successfully continue their ramp up, enter Canada, and HONOR our current pricing!

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, I’ve been in contact with the Vancouver office. The service centre will be located in Richmond. They will be starting drives in August according to what I have been told. There are no Canadian deliveries at this time except for the couple test vehicles located in Vancouver. The current head office for Vancouver is located in Yaletown. It is next to one of my suppliers so I was able to see two trucks in there. They are only for testing and will not allow customers to see them (I’ve asked).
I pre-ordered at the LA auto show in 2018. I’ve told them the way they communicate is like a slap in the face for some of use that will have been waiting for 4 years.
I have to have a truck for work, I had a lease that ended during my first delivery window of last year. I purchased a new truck on a short term lease and now it has happened again. I’m not impressed with the customer service. Their inability to properly inform their customers in Canada of any information is costing me money. Losing money on trade and having to buy a vehicle to use until the Rivian is available.
I can currently get my hands on a f150 lightning, but I would prefer to stay with the Rivian. That being said, if the electric GMC Sierra Denali becomes available, I will gladly order that.

·
Registered
175 Posts
It’s frustrating for sure but not unique to Rivian. I ordered a standard range Tesla Model 3 and since my delivery dates kept sliding I joined a thread about waiting times. There are plenty of people who ended up waiting up to a year to get a car they ordered. But it wasn’t that they placed the order and were told it will take a year. Instead it would be2-3 months out but each time they got close to the delivery date, without any explanation it would just slip. And this happened for a year to people with no explanation or details from their SA.

I don’t think it’s an excuse but just saying that I think many are doing this simply because they’re having a hard time to stick to dates due to supply issues.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts