Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the "First Mile" event at Sonoma Raceway, got to actually drive one, and check out power options and ask questions. Fun! After my testdrive, got to crawl around inside one, pop latches, slam doors, etc. Nice setup - found out that the gear tunnel doors are strong enough to sit on - excellent, I can use it for loading my scuba tank on my back! Too bad they didn't have a red one, though, :cool: One quibble - getting at the spare tire is going to be awkward - the tailgate is a bit in the way, But hopefully that's a rare event.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a mix of pavement, dirt road, and rutted dirt road, some climbing and descending, and a short straightaway where the "guide" had me come to a complete stop, and then punch it to feel what it was like to go 0-60 in a few seconds (cool). I thought they did a nice job showing off the power, different ride modes (stiff, comfortable), etc.

That's cool you were able to be there! Were you able to take any photos at the raceway? Was the drive on the track or was it out on public roads?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was at the "First Mile" event at Sonoma Raceway, got to actually drive one, and check out power options and ask questions. Fun! After my testdrive, got to crawl around inside one, pop latches, slam doors, etc. Nice setup - found out that the gear tunnel doors are strong enough to sit on - excellent, I can use it for loading my scuba tank on my back! Too bad they didn't have a red one, though, :cool: One quibble - getting at the spare tire is going to be awkward - the tailgate is a bit in the way, But hopefully that's a rare event.
I went to that event too, it was really fun to see and drive the R1T . . . I was really impressed with its performance and can't wait to take delivery.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went the week before last and it was really nicely set up but I was disappointed that they called and told us after we were already on our way that there was going to be an hour delay for the appointment. Once there they said it had been happening most morning so I don't know why they didn't let everybody know the day before their appointment. Instead of trying to call them the day of. They also had to remove one of the demos while driving the truck because they felt it was too dangerous for conditions but I don't recall which one it was.

I was also really bummed that not all the colors were there. That was kind of the whole idea for me. I wanted to see one and white. They had several of the same color and a booth with all of the swatches for whatever they were worth.

There's so much available in the trucks, but I was really disappointed that there's no Android auto and the interface was a little slow sometimes. I am happy that they do have a cluster display at least unlike the new Teslas.

I was also disappointed in how bad the resolution on the cameras were and the fact that they didn't have a 360° view around the vehicle.

And a small pass through into the tunnel but nothing into the bed and it's a really short bed.

I don't think anything's a deal breaker, but I would like to see them say something official about the poor resolution on the cameras, no 360° view and if they're ever going to try to add Android Auto or not. I don't think they'll do any of these things in the first year or two, which is kind of a bummer.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I went the week before last and it was really nicely set up but I was disappointed that they called and told us after we were already on our way that there was going to be an hour delay for the appointment. Once there they said it had been happening most morning so I don't know why they didn't let everybody know the day before their appointment. Instead of trying to call them the day of. They also had to remove one of the demos while driving the truck because they felt it was too dangerous for conditions but I don't recall which one it was.

I was also really bummed that not all the colors were there. That was kind of the whole idea for me. I wanted to see one and white. They had several of the same color and a booth with all of the swatches for whatever they were worth.

There's so much available in the trucks, but I was really disappointed that there's no Android auto and the interface was a little slow sometimes. I am happy that they do have a cluster display at least unlike the new Teslas.

I was also disappointed in how bad the resolution on the cameras were and the fact that they didn't have a 360° view around the vehicle.

And a small pass through into the tunnel but nothing into the bed and it's a really short bed.

I don't think anything's a deal breaker, but I would like to see them say something official about the poor resolution on the cameras, no 360° view and if they're ever going to try to add Android Auto or not. I don't think they'll do any of these things in the first year or two, which is kind of a bummer.
Welcome to the forum! Did you take any pictures and/or videos while at the event?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Did you take any pictures and/or videos while at the event?
No, I didn't. The morning I was there there were several people taking pictures. Two guys even had a fairly nice camera set up like they were YouTubers or something. I figured there'd be tons of pictures and videos of the event. With the Edmonds and Doug DeMuro reviews, I don't know what else there is to really take a picture of.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.