Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife, brother and I attended First Mile event Sunday morning - we all came away impressed as it was much more than we expected.
  • About a dozen Rivian's present so you had a chance to see most colors (red not present, not yet seen by the Rivian employee I talked to)
  • At Sears Point Raceway, expected to be on the racetrack but we were on dirt. Much more real 4WD testing that expected, some that had my wife wanting out. Also did a couple of 0-60 tests going uphill with encouragement from our Rivian driver - instructions were to stomp on it.
  • We spent another hour plus wandering the mini-expo - about 5 different stations (charging, colors, camping, etc), most with their own R1T present, and lots of Rivian folks ready to help.

My brother is a huge and technical car/truck fan - he came out of interest and came away blown away ready to order a Rivian when he had no plans to buy a new truck. I came away delighted I hold a long-term reservation although still no idea when. Bottom line, kudo's to Rivian - this was so much more of an experience with Rivian than it was a simple test drive. Can I get mine now please? :)

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green & Forest Edge (8/14/2019 Preorder) Oct-Dec 2022 Arrival
216 Posts

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green & Forest Edge (8/14/2019 Preorder) Oct-Dec 2022 Arrival
216 Posts
The more I see the R1T the more I like it! The interior is much nicer than any Tesla (we own a MY and M3) , it's really tastefully done IMO.
Serious question Rob. I cannot give up my S8 plus for the reasons you share above—I like the quality of the interior and the ride comfort. What is your comparison of the ride comfort of your M3 or MS if you have driven one with air suspension compared to the nice European sedans? I would love to have a performance M3 if I could be as happy with it on longer rides as well.

·
Registered
504 Posts
^ unfortunately, you can't get air suspension with either MY or M3 (yet) Doc. You'll have to go with a Model S or X to get air in a Tesla.You just can't compare the ride or interior of the MY or M3 to a nice 7 Series BMW. As I keep hearing... with mass produced Tesla's (M3 and MY) the $$$ goes into the battery and tech not the interior and ride. Is either a good road trip vehicle? Well if you kick in Autopilot and relax a bit the M3 might work. The MY ride quality is not as refined as the Model 3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.