Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. For those if you Who have either already received your truck or have participated in a 1st mile mobile delivery event, is there any correlation between the test drive and a potential delivery date of my truck?

I was so excited yesterday when I got an email to schedule my 1st mile test drive at my house. I have an appointment for April 27 at 1 PM, they’re coming by my house and allowing me to test drive the Rivian for 30 minutes. Is this potentially a clue that my delivery is forthcoming? Or is this just standard and my delivery window of October to December 2022 is still holding?

Thanks for any info you’ve got.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi everyone. For those if you Who have either already received your truck or have participated in a 1st mile mobile delivery event, is there any correlation between the test drive and a potential delivery date of my truck?

I was so excited yesterday when I got an email to schedule my 1st mile test drive at my house. I have an appointment for April 27 at 1 PM, they’re coming by my house and allowing me to test drive the Rivian for 30 minutes. Is this potentially a clue that my delivery is forthcoming? Or is this just standard and my delivery window of October to December 2022 is still holding?

Thanks for any info you’ve got.
I don't think so. I have a relatively late (August 2021) reservation for an R1S, with an estimated delivery date of 1st half of 2023, and had a 1st Mile mobile delivery event last month. I think they are just doing them geographically.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For sure there is no connection between delivery and this event. I only reserved my R1T a few weeks ago and I'm going to be taking my drive a week from today. Incredibly excited, but this is going to make the next year+ of waiting really hard!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi everyone,
I just had my first mile mobile drive today in Alexandria, VA. Mo came up to our house in the R1T, she is great. Gave us the tour around the truck and then we went on a drive around the neighborhood, up and down the GW Parkway.
First impressions, Mo was right on time, the truck looked great and we had her for about an hour to hour and a half. Truck is very spacious (although, my wife and I are not big people), lots of cool gadgets, Mo was very good about explaining all the stuff. The regenerative braking is definitely going to take some getting used too. Speed of course was there, the ride was pretty smooth, much like a pickup truck.
All in all it was a great ride, has me very excited to get my own truck (currently scheduled for Fall this year). And made my wife liked it very much as well.
I think this is a great move by Rivian to offer these drives, first looks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi everyone,
I just had my first mile mobile drive today in Alexandria, VA. Mo came up to our house in the R1T, she is great. Gave us the tour around the truck and then we went on a drive around the neighborhood, up and down the GW Parkway.
First impressions, Mo was right on time, the truck looked great and we had her for about an hour to hour and a half. Truck is very spacious (although, my wife and I are not big people), lots of cool gadgets, Mo was very good about explaining all the stuff. The regenerative braking is definitely going to take some getting used too. Speed of course was there, the ride was pretty smooth, much like a pickup truck.
All in all it was a great ride, has me very excited to get my own truck (currently scheduled for Fall this year). And made my wife liked it very much as well.
I think this is a great move by Rivian to offer these drives, first looks.
Mo did my first-mile mobile drive, on May 10th, here in Baltimore as well. Everything you've said about Mo and the drive was spot on! And my wife's reaction was the same (she even warmed up to the look of the headlights that she detested before). Main difference is that I'm scheduled for a 2nd half of '23 delivery date! :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mo did my first-mile mobile drive, on May 10th, here in Baltimore as well. Everything you've said about Mo and the drive was spot on! And my wife's reaction was the same (she even warmed up to the look of the headlights that she detested before). Main difference is that I'm scheduled for a 2nd half of '23 delivery date! :(
I am still scheduled for a Oct-Nov '22 delivery...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts