Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reached out to Rivian CS today regarding a First Mile event in my area. It was a bit surprising to learn that Rivian can't (or won't) provide any information on when or even if an event will be scheduled for your area. When I learned that, I asked if it will be possible to attend an event in another area if one does not happen locally. The response was pretty equivocal: Maybe, depending on a number of factors . . . but likely not.

I was also surprised to learn that not all pre-order holders will be invited to First Mile events held in/near their locales. Invitations are currnently prioritized by delivery, not pre-order date, so unless you have an LE on order, you will not be among the initial invitees to First Mile events. While it's understandable that Rivian would try to get LE customers behind the wheel soonest, before their vehicles deliver, that approach seems to have the potential to freeze out many.

If you have a delivery date in 2023, that approach may mean you will not be an invitee to an event in your area this year. You would then have to hope that there was another First Mile event slated for your area, and further hope you will be fortunate enough to get an invitation for that.

So as with nearly all things Rivian, we just have to wait patiently and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I reached out to Rivian CS today regarding a First Mile event in my area. It was a bit surprising to learn that Rivian can't (or won't) provide any information on when or even if an event will be scheduled for your area. When I learned that, I asked if it will be possible to attend an event in another area if one does not happen locally. The response was pretty equivocal: Maybe, depending on a number of factors . . . but likely not.

I was also surprised to learn that not all pre-order holders will be invited to First Mile events held in/near their locales. Invitations are currnently prioritized by delivery, not pre-order date, so unless you have an LE on order, you will not be among the initial invitees to First Mile events. While it's understandable that Rivian would try to get LE customers behind the wheel soonest, before their vehicles deliver, that approach seems to have the potential to freeze out many.

If you have a delivery date in 2023, that approach may mean you will not be an invitee to an event in your area this year. You would then have to hope that there was another First Mile event slated for your area, and further hope you will be fortunate enough to get an invitation for that.

So as with nearly all things Rivian, we just have to wait patiently and hope for the best.
Thanks for reaching out to CS and getting this info @Yossarian. Based on what you're saying it almost seems like first mile events are kind of done on the fly? Rivian should make these events feel like a big deal not some spur of the moment thing that only certain people can go to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts