Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go! Looks like Travis picked it up in Normal at the factory. In the background you can see the Test Track.

I'm happy to see this as I'm an Hour away and would love to pick my R1T up there as well !

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, Even so, These folks have worked hard to get to this point. They have Faith in the product and Happy to see them get the first round as Owners, They should be Proud!

Soon we will all be just as Happy!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Rivian submitted an amendment to their S1:

As of September 30, 2021, we produced 12 R1Ts and delivered 11 R1Ts, and as of October 22, 2021, we produced 56 R1Ts and delivered 42 R1Ts

Definitely still in the slow ramp-up phase, producing on average 2-3 per day so far in October.

Edit: Meant 2-3 per day (but had put per week originally).

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hey NY_ROB, you still have your Bolt or just the Model Y these days? We seem to be popping up on the same Forums:)
Nope, neither. Sold my Bolt last summer to get the MY, held that for 11mo (zero complaints) and sold it to Carvana recently. I'm really in need of a truck, so I'm car-less right now till either the R1T or Cybertruck get delivered. Not going back to ICE either way.

Keep the faith brother!! ;)

·
Registered
504 Posts
"As of September 30, 2021, we produced 12 R1Ts..and as of October 22, 2021, we produced 56 R1Ts.."

Some posters have called Rivian and been told "trucks are rolling off the line".... well I guess that was BS (by Rivian)! Two trucks/day is not even crawling off the line. Guess that explains all the demo only trucks and 2 or 3 insider deliveries. Not a good omen for those waiting years for their trucks and even worse for those of us placing more recent orders.

Next I half expect to see an announcement by Rivian "we've doubled R1T production this month"! Well at that point, it will only take 115yrs for me to get my R1T.

Let's see how fast Amazon pulls their huge order if Rivian try's to pull this garbage on them...

Seeing demo trucks and some deliveries (to what turns out to be undisclosed employees) I was sure I would be getting the R1T instead of the Cybertruck (have a res. on that too). But now, seeing the snail's pace "ramp up" at Rivian I'm thinking maybe I'll be driving the Cybertruck first... even with it's factory still bring constructed and no batteries available yet.

That $80B valuation seems even more ridiculous now too, guess they even fooled the investment banks o_O

·
Registered
R1S LE in LE Green & Forest Edge (8/14/2019 Preorder) Oct-Dec 2022 Arrival
216 Posts
Yep, Even so, These folks have worked hard to get to this point. They have Faith in the product and Happy to see them get the first round as Owners, They should be Proud!

Soon we will all be just as Happy!
Glad to have them at our service. Happy employees will be happy worker bees making vehicles for us and increasing the value of their stock options! Win-win!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I saw that the employee Travis got one. What can be inferred from his employment history is that he has been with the company for 1 1/2 years. Imagine if he didnt have a reservation until 1.5 years ago. He effectively jumped the line on thousands of Launch Edition reservation holders. I can only assume the following from Rivian

1. Rivian Employees are getting the first ones, because they are trying to roll out the first models that likely will have some form of a production defect or quality issue to employees, where they can mitigate any potential negative PR or inquiries
2. Get a Social Media buzz going under the thinly veiled allusion that Rivian is actually delivering to customers early/on time. They are employees, and I'll bet they signed something about how they can or cannot utilize their social media platforms. Heck, even where I work, I signed something that states that I can be judged on what I post in my social media presence.

My feelings are, if I was an early reservation holder, I would be slightly miffed, but also a bit thankful as it sounds like the company is actually trying to produce, while get any potential issues from early production sorted out so as a customer we get the best possible product. Since I'm not an early reservation holder, I don't think it affects me at all, and can actually appreciate a little bit of the gamesmanship that Rivian is playing here.

·
Registered
935 Posts
You can be an early reservation holder, THEN accept a position to go work for Rivian. This is actually a very smart (and expected) way for a new car company to officially roll-out. I would likely do the same. These are actual "production" vehicles with VIN's and paying customers.

Could RJ have stated in his letter that they plan was to deliver in September (first to employee's that were early reservation holders). Probably. Doesn't change any of the facts though. Production will either really start ramping quickly if all goes well with these employee deliveries, or they will discover issues (driver+, tonneau cover, etc. that need resolution) and our wait will continue. Either way, we don't control any of it, it is all speculation, and our reservations are 100% refundable. I have made the very conscious decision not to get pissed about a later delivery amidst a pandemic and a global supply chain, chip & labor shortage... My truck with 190,000 miles on it may or may not make it to delivery, but that would be a first world problem...

If I need a new truck, I may consider changing my order to a large pack and waiting even longer. One thing that I think we are owed (as a LE reservation holder) is a call from a Guide by NOVEMBER, correct? This is what it says on the site when I log in:

When can I take delivery?
If you have a Launch Edition preorder, your Rivian Guide will reach out to you by November with expected delivery timing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree, this is totally what is happening, which I think is OK. It gives them a controlled feedback loop to make adjustments to the production line/ VINed vehicles as needed without the worry on having the full support infrastructure turned on and all while keeping PR monitored. Most likely the true customer units will arrived in locations where the Support( mobile and brick & mortar repair shops) is ready to go.

·
Banned
473 Posts
Nope, neither. Sold my Bolt last summer to get the MY, held that for 11mo (zero complaints) and sold it to Carvana recently. I'm really in need of a truck, so I'm car-less right now till either the R1T or Cybertruck get delivered. Not going back to ICE either way.

Keep the faith brother!! ;)
Hey Rob. Car-less? Really? Electric Bike maybe???

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.