Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to first open with I've known throughout this process that there were going to be delays in this process. I've really not had any issues with them until now.

I contacted Rivian customer support today and honestly was for the first time extremely disappointed in how Rivian is handling things. For months now, Customer Support has been sharing with customers including myself that a Rivian Guide would be reaching out and establishing that one-to-one relationship by Thanksgiving for all Launch Edition holders. Now it appears that is no longer going to happen. In addition Customer Support reported that the Nov 23rd email sufficed as that Guide relationship communication and that a personal Guide will not be reaching out now until a week or two before delivery windows for LE holders. Which means that I potentially will not be hearing from anyone for another 7 to 10 months. Honestly, it was a poorly handled kicking the can down that road.

This is disappointing for many reasons. A good example of this is Customer Service has been informing customers for months that detailed final configurations and modifications to configuration to include color, wheels, and other options could positively or negatively impact delivery time, however that information would come once from the Guide once the relationship/introduction was established. Now indicating that I would not know that information till potentially weeks before delivery is extremely disappointing. I would want to know if I'm positively or negatively impacting delivery time frame a couple months before I make final decisions. This is just one of many examples that the personal side of what was supposed to come with Guides does not now appear to be happening. At minimum, Rivian should be sending a public communication to all LE pre-order holders to correct the misinformation that has been happening for months and re-baseline what the new expectation should be instead of waiting for people to call in to figure out what is going on now.

Has anyone else heard from Customer Service now to not expect any type of communication from a Guide till your actual delivery window? Just curious if others are hearing the same thing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
A few weeks ago, I was looking into insurance for the R1T. My agent asked me when I expected to take delivery. I said: Well, they said that those who had a deposit in for the first edition would be contacted by the end of November and can expect to take delivery in January 2022. It looks as though you got that same information. I'm bummed that I was not contacted and have no idea when I can expect to be contacted. :(

·
Registered
498 Posts
At this point., the Rivian phone support reps are basically there to support people who can't read.
If you have a question that's covered by the manual, great.... they will read that section of the manual out loud to you.. If the question is not covered in the manual... .you're SOL as they will not escalate or reach out for any additional information from higher up the food chain.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've had some really great experiences with the Rivian support, I'm as frustrated as everyone else about my delivery date and the lack of transparency around it, but the support team has been nothing but great. For example, I chatted with someone named Adam this Tuesday (11/31) about CB and HAM radio mounting spots. He told me he was gonna check it out on the R1T the next day when he was in the factory, which he did (email below).

I can't think of a customer experience in any adjacent or same category of companies that Rivian are in that have provided a better or even an equal experience. But maybe you guys love calling your airline, internet/cellphone provider, or local car dealer, and it's just me who thinks they don't deserve to be in business.

Rectangle Font Art Circle Parallel

·
Registered
498 Posts
^ nice, but don't you need the metal shell of the roof or fender to provide the ground plane for your antennas? Somehow I think the Guide's advice of mounting them on a narrow roof rack bar is the wrong advice.

Not an antenna guy, but I did work at Radio Shack years ago... ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had some really great experiences with the Rivian support, I'm as frustrated as everyone else about my delivery date and the lack of transparency around it, but the support team has been nothing but great. For example, I chatted with someone named Adam this Tuesday (11/31) about CB and HAM radio mounting spots. He told me he was gonna check it out on the R1T the next day when he was in the factory, which he did (email below).

I can't think of a customer experience in any adjacent or same category of companies that Rivian are in that have provided a better or even an equal experience. But maybe you guys love calling your airline, internet/cellphone provider, or local car dealer, and it's just me who thinks they don't deserve to be in business.

View attachment 3994
The agents for Rivian support are fine, its the information they are given, or the lack thereof. They are just a reflection of Rivian corporate, so I think the frustration isn't about the support folks but the lack of info they have and poor communication by Rivian.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Secret to not being disappointed: lower your expectations. Just recognize that virtually everything that's being done is being done for the first time and that it's a dynamic process. Expecting everything to run smoothly and as promised is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.