Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all is getting the floor mat option that has a launch edition or Adventure Package? Since I don't know much about the Chilewich floor mats, I was curious.

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
384 Posts
I’ll opt for the all weather mats, which are in addition to, not instead of the Chilewich. I live where we have snow 5 months out of the year, plus I spend a lot of time on dirt roads, so rubber mats are much better for me.

Reactions: Fergie36

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ll opt for the all weather mats, which are in addition to, not instead of the Chilewich. I live where we have snow 5 months out of the year, plus I spend a lot of time on dirt roads, so rubber mats are much better for me.
I'll be doing the same. All weather mats are essential for winter in Michigan.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Do we know what type of surface is under the mats?
Is it carpet or hopefully some sort of rubberized surface that wash right off?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Are the chillewich mats water resistant? If they can’t hold water/snow like the rubber mats then I’ll def need the rubber ones

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do we know what type of surface is under the mats?
Is it carpet or hopefully some sort of rubberized surface that wash right off?
I would REALLY like a high-quality printed vinyl type of material with a matte finish. I've seen it on several prototype electrical vehicles and it's awesome. I think carpet is really dumb in an adventure vehicle.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would REALLY like a high-quality printed vinyl type of material with a matte finish. I've seen it on several prototype electrical vehicles and it's awesome. I think carpet is really dumb in an adventure vehicle.
I'm with you 100%. Carpet is a horrible idea for a vehicle that might be getting muddy inside...no question rubber mats are best as they clean super easy and look solid, too.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm with you 100%. Carpet is a horrible idea for a vehicle that might be getting muddy inside...no question rubber mats are best as they clean super easy and look solid, too.
I'm actually referring to the flooring, not the mats. I've seen it in most prototypes. They can print any pattern, the coolest I've seen looks like wood flooring. The Chilewich mats would look GREAT on top of it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm actually referring to the flooring, not the mats. I've seen it in most prototypes. They can print any pattern, the coolest I've seen looks like wood flooring. The Chilewich mats would look GREAT on top of it.
gotcha...I'm wondering if they go with the Jeep type so you can almost hose them off?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts