Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For all the dog owners out there who want to keep their seats like new...

Photo below shows a particle board cut out in the shape of the rear seat storage. There a couple legs at each end to keep it in place and a small stap to lift it out of place.
Automotive tire Rectangle Automotive design Floor Flooring

Overlaying this is thin non-slip foam material.
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Tread Tire

Best of all this can all stay in place while seats are lowered to their Normal position. See what I did there? :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
Better, but still perhaps my biggest disappointment in R1T functionality... My 11 year old F150 has a very simple and incredibly useful rear seat configuration for dogs and I just don't think the Rivian layout is going to work nearly as well for my alaskan malamutes.

The F150 is completely flat, no gaps for paws to fall into, maximum space, big rubber mat for doggie traction.

Seats Deployed:
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Window Automotive design

Seats Stowed:
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
615 Posts

Photo below shows a particle board cut out in the shape of the rear seat storage. There a couple legs at each end to keep it in place and a small stap to lift it out of place. View attachment 6541

View attachment 6540

Best of all this can all stay in place while seats are lowered to their Normal position. See what I did there? :p
Is there a groove the board sits on, or did you have to build up under it to fill the storage area? I’m looking to do something very similar.

Also, what is the material you put over top of the board?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there a groove the board sits on, or did you have to build up under it to fill the storage area? I’m looking to do something very similar.

Also, what is the material you put over top of the board?
There is no groove, so to truly lay flat the board must sit inside the curved lip of the storage area. I had to angle my circular saw 10 or so degrees to fit the shape of the storage area better. If you look closely there are a couple screws visible on the board - on the bottom I created two legs on either end to keep the board from tilting one way or the other. This is due to the fact that the lip of storage area has a little curvature to it so if you put pressure on one side it will tilt out of place without the legs.

The rubber mat is some spare workout mat I had lying around - be careful I would avoid mats that are made of hard, slippery plastic vs. foam rubber.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is no groove, so to truly lay flat the board must sit inside the curved lip of the storage area. I had to angle my circular saw 10 or so degrees to fit the shape of the storage area better. If you look closely there are a couple screws visible on the board - on the bottom I created two legs on either end to keep the board from tilting one way or the other. This is due to the fact that the lip of storage area has a little curvature to it so if you put pressure on one side it will tilt out of place without the legs.

The rubber mat is some spare workout mat I had lying around - be careful I would avoid mats that are made of hard, slippery plastic vs. foam rubber.
Better, but still perhaps my biggest disappointment in R1T functionality... My 11 year old F150 has a very simple and incredibly useful rear seat configuration for dogs and I just don't think the Rivian layout is going to work nearly as well for my alaskan malamutes.

The F150 is completely flat, no gaps for paws to fall into, maximum space, big rubber mat for doggie traction.

Seats Deployed:
View attachment 6542

Seats Stowed:
View attachment 6543

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for posting this. We have the same issue in transporting our lab. Coming from a Ridgeline which has the same set up as your 150. Perfect dog space. I’m not sure why Rivian did this given the truck has tons of storage elsewhere. A place for the subwoofer? You should start a business selling this as a kit. I’d be your first customer😂

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Photo below shows a particle board cut out in the shape of the rear seat storage. There a couple legs at each end to keep it in place and a small stap to lift it out of place. View attachment 6541

View attachment 6540

Smart idea @schreda thanks for posting this! What kind of dogs do you have?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts

Seats Deployed:
View attachment 6542

Seats Stowed:
View attachment 6543
Are you thinking of looking at a different truck because of this?

·
Registered
2022 Rivian R1T
29 Posts
@schreda ,

I don't supposed you, by any chance, made a drawing with dimensions? ;)

pat----

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Link for that one?
Got a link for this?
If I'm not mistaken I think this is the cover @eHauler shared.

·
Registered
253 Posts
If I'm not mistaken I think this is the cover @eHauler shared.

It is the same one.

I want to find one that has a better coverage of the top of the door panels, my pup loves to put her feet there while sticking her head out of the windows.

·
Registered
38 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts