Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They both cost $2000 now? It seems that they are saying both the Ocean Coast and Forest Edge are premium interiors with the same value on the configurator. Given that they can’t deliver Ocean Coast until at least the fall and many on here are Launch Edition buyers who presumably expected a priority delivery it seems like it wouldn’t be a difficult ask to request that the Forest Edge interior be a no charge substitute. Do I sound crazy?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Yes, I think it’s unreasonable. If you want to use ‘new’ pricing for comparison, then you would also need to Pay ‘new’ pricing on all other options to be fair, which is a worse deal for you. I don’t think it’s reasonable to cherry-pick and say you want this lower old price and this newer credit.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I think it’s unreasonable. If you want to use ‘new’ pricing for comparison, then you would also need to Pay ‘new’ pricing on all other options to be fair, which is a worse deal for you. I don’t think it’s reasonable to cherry-pick and say you want this lower old price and this newer credit.
Thanks for the opinion. I don’t see the logic though. Rivian says the 2 interiors are the same value (so presumably a similar cost to them). Where is the additional loss for Rivian to allow a customer who has waited for years for one color to switch to the other color as a backup without being penalized financially? it wasn’t us who had anything to do with the color we chose being unavailable and asking someone who has allowed Rivian to use our deposits interest free for years to then pay for what they now consider an equal cost option seems unreasonable.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Thanks for the opinion. I don’t see the logic though. Rivian says the 2 interiors are the same value (so presumably a similar cost to them). Where is the additional loss for Rivian to allow a customer who has waited for years for one color to switch to the other color as a backup without being penalized financially? it wasn’t us who had anything to do with the color we chose being unavailable and asking someone who has allowed Rivian to use our deposits interest free for years to then pay for what they now consider an equal cost option seems unreasonable.
You are entitled to your opinion of course I’m just saying I don’t agree. To use another example consider the launch edition wheel upgrade. Launch edition reservations included the basic 20 inch or 22 inch wheels with no up charge. The dark wheel were not available at any discount so the perceived $1800 value in the free wheel upgrade was not a credit that you could used to offset the $3500 dark option.

Your pre-price increase reservation used pricing that valued Black Mountain and Ocean Coast has no up charge options. Forest edge was a $2000 upgrade. If you want to use today’s pricing and say ocean Coast and Forest edge are both upgrades then I think you have to take all of the current pricing which has increased across the board. You can’t cherry pick and say well now Ocean Coast gets a $2000 credit but I want the old price on other things. That is not reasonable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with the original poster’s point. As a preorder holder of a launch edition with Ocean Coast interior included in my price, why would I “settle” for Forest and pay extra for it? They were both included at no extra charge when my order was placed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts