Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite Ford having to look for a new battery supplier, they say it won't affect the electric F-150's release next year.

FoMoCo has maintained for some time now that the first-ever Ford F-150 BEV will debut in 2022. However, it’s fair to wonder if that timeline has changed, especially given the fact that the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) just ruled that Ford’s electric F-150 battery supplier – SK Innovation – misappropriated trade secrets against its rival, LG Chem. However, Ford can still obtain batteries from SK for four years, and now the automaker has also confirmed that the Ford F-150 BEV remains on track for a 2022 debut.

Ford’s chief product platform and operations officer, Hau Thai-Tang, delivered the news during a J.P. Morgan conference call this week. Thai-Tang did acknowledge that the electric F-150’s launch is heavily reliant on the completion of the new Ford Rouge Electric Vehicle Center – where the pickup will be built. Regardless, Thai-Tang confirmed that the Ford F-150 BEV launch will follow the launch of the Ford E-Transit, which will be built at the Ford Kansas City Assembly Plant beginning in Q4 of 2021.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'l be watching this one closely. Besides the Rivian I'm also considering a new F-150... not an apples-to-apples comparison YET, but maybe we will have something to look at by Jan 2022. Would love to keep my next vehicle in the Ford family. I'm even tempted to get a new PowerBoost... very tempting.....

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I'l be watching this one closely. Besides the Rivian I'm also considering a new F-150... not an apples-to-apples comparison YET, but maybe we will have something to look at by Jan 2022. Would love to keep my next vehicle in the Ford family. I'm even tempted to get a new PowerBoost... very tempting.....
Is GM also on your radar?
They developed a completely new platform just for EVs, and it looks like sometime soon we could be seeing an all-electric pickup from Chevrolet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is GM also on your radar?
They developed a completely new platform just for EVs, and it looks like sometime soon we could be seeing an all-electric pickup from Chevrolet.
lol, well, no. I’m employed by a number of Ford dealerships.... sooooooo. I do like the GMC trucks, but Ford always seems to have the advantage. Ram giving them a good go, but Ford usually leads. I may get their electric if the Rivian appears too small. My main concern. I don’t want a Ranger :) I’m a tall guy and need my room.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, well, no. I’m employed by a number of Ford dealerships.... sooooooo. I do like the GMC trucks, but Ford always seems to have the advantage. Ram giving them a good go, but Ford usually leads. I may get their electric if the Rivian appears too small. My main concern. I don’t want a Ranger :) I’m a tall guy and need my room.
It'd be pretty funny to see the reaction you'd get if you showed up to each dealership in the Hummer 😂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts