Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I saw a MachE prototype that made a crazy loud wine when Drifting
Bet it's the BorgWarner transmission
Was it the Mach-E 1400 that Vaughan Gittin Jr. built? because the reason it's so noisy is because they put a giant speaker in the back of the car.

The Mach-E 1400's diffuser is probably the first to include speaker-grille perforations, behind which lies an LRAD 100X military loudspeaker that can deliver the soundtrack of your choice at drive-Noriega-from-his-compound amplitude. Everyone seems to expect a high-pitched electronic "Screeeee!" but may we suggest Van Halen?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would you have preferred a tapered front end? Would you have sacrificed frunk cargo space for that? I wouldn't. If I were worried about bug splatter or road debris, I'd get it a LeBra 😆
Lol ! Yes I like the frunk space, however the blunt flat nose could have been reduced to a angle or be provided a usable space for additional lighting options ,maybe for off-road , or use the space for additional tools access like a hidden shovel or hidden winch option.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I wonder if any of that decision had to do with crash engineering. My understanding is having a frunk opens up options to make front ends more crash resistant. Maybe nothing to do with it.

I like the look, personally.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have more solar power that what I need by far. The electric company will buy that energy back from me at $.06/KWHr but the cheapest power they will sell me is $24/KWhr. It doesn't make much sense from me to sell power back to the company. So, in my situation Im not that worried about efficiency - as long as it is electric. I think WRT styling Ford has a huge base of people that will buy a conventional truck but laugh at the looks of the cyber truck. I think they want to avoid that laughter themselves even if it would have enhanced performance WRT drag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is a pic of a test mule. Manufacturers slap existing bodies on test vehicles all the time. The production truck might look completely different (or might not).

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That is a pic of a test mule. Manufacturers slap existing bodies on test vehicles all the time. The production truck might look completely different (or might not).
That's true but it's not likely that Ford is going to drastically change the F-150's design. Especially if they're trying to convince existing owners to switch to electric.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts