Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have always liked the lightening. I have two Tempos, a Taurus, a Ranger, an Explorer Limited, two Mustangs and a Fosus ST. Honestly, I would hope Rivian is at minimum on the Lincoln level for quality finishes. I like my Fords, but hope this is a bit nicer.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ford said it will pack more power and torque than the outgoing Raptor!

But they are said to be working on a 700+ hp next-gen Raptor
Well when it comes to Pickups .. range under Tow/payload matters more. I recently bought a 2021 F150 Hybrid which will be my go-to tow Pickup, as I tend to tow 10500lbs trailer and the truck will allow me over 400mi while doing so. 1 R1T will replace my Raptor, which I don't use for towing all that much, except for jet skis/scuba gear/ect. My 2nd R1T would be my daily if there is no need for my F150 Hybrid .. so I am waiting for the F150 Lightning to hit and see its specs and just may add it to the garage in addition to the R1T and the F150 Hybrid. Am a diehard pickup kinda guy here

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have been following F-150 2021 and the plan was post R1T launch decide which way to go and plus all the news about F-150 rusting at the bottom has also not been the best thing.
Well when it comes to Pickups .. range under Tow/payload matters more. I recently bought a 2021 F150 Hybrid which will be my go-to tow Pickup, as I tend to tow 10500lbs trailer and the truck will allow me over 400mi while doing so. 1 R1T will replace my Raptor, which I don't use for towing all that much, except for jet skis/scuba gear/ect. My 2nd R1T would be my daily if there is no need for my F150 Hybrid .. so I am waiting for the F150 Lightning to hit and see its specs and just may add it to the garage in addition to the R1T and the F150 Hybrid. Am a diehard pickup kinda guy here
Are you facing the dreaded rusting issues reported on new 2021 F-150's?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have been following F-150 2021 and the plan was post R1T launch decide which way to go and plus all the news about F-150 rusting at the bottom has also not been the best thing.

Are you facing the dreaded rusting issues reported on new 2021 F-150's?
not yet.. am aware of it.. My Ford Dealer was honest enough to let me know prior to purchase as well as understand that it is cosmetic vs structure

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Are you concerned about what range will be like when towing with the R1T?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are you concerned about what range will be like when towing with the R1T?
Yes, there is concern.. for my tow needs of 10500.. it's already at R1T's max tow of 11k lbs .. so that will be already unsafe in my opinion and towload history. So the R1T won't be used for that specific tow need for mine. As for range, I don't think it's a secret that at highway speeds 60-80mph under tow-load range in a BEV will suffer. We have seen the write-up of the R1T Rebelle Rally and its mileage it got +125mi but less than 250mi under payload. Wind, weather, etc.. all those factors have more play in a BEV vs ICE. For me personally, and specifically my 10500lbs tow need which includes trailer and equipment, I do a 197mi 1-way round-trip that amounts to ~2hrs50min worth of drive. Add to and from destination trip that's 394mi .. my 2021 F150 Hybrid on a full tank can get me 700-800mi under no load and 450-600mi under load based on ideal circumstances.. I can make that trip uninterrupted vs the very high likelihood of having to do 2-3 charging stops with my future R1T and wait +30-50min for a charge and addl buffer as well as plenty of destination miles if no immediate destination charging is available.

Now for your local home depot runs or towing your watersport equipment to your local lake/marina or camping load for a weekend .. the R1T will do just fine and will be used as such on my end as well as be my daily truck around town.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Rivian and have and will back it up. Rivian will be my first EV truck but I still think that Rivian was not able to capitalize on the lead they had with the competition with most of well established manufacturers having their EVs coming in next year, it will have an affect on the Rivian sales. It definitely creates a doubt in minds of buyer along with multiple options.

I mean the F-150 is the best selling truck in USA, you combine that with EV, you got a good safe option. It may not be having wow factors but it is tried and tested with service backing and nation wide network. Rivian has to prove all of that.

Being Rivian fan I feel bad that they could not make use of the lead they had and this market is going to get so competitive in next 6 months.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.