Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not an EV but Rivian has a new off-road competitor with Ford bringing back the Bronco. There's a lot to like about it, retro styling, massive tires straight from the factory, removable doors, roof, and fenders, and lots of aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I heard Ford wants to build a Bronco EV, the Rivian partnership should play a big part in making that happen.

·
Registered
135 Posts
LOVE the styling.
As as much as I want to hate on Ford for not having brought a hybrid to market... just a few years ago it would have had a V8 not a turbo-4

·
Registered
210 Posts
It's one of the better looking new vehicles I've seen! If Ford had the stones to turn the Mustang into an electric SUV then they shouldn't have a problem doing the same with the Bronco.

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's one of the better looking new vehicles I've seen! If Ford had the stones to turn the Mustang into an electric SUV then they shouldn't have a problem doing the same with the Bronco.
Electric is great but Ford needs a few homeruns before they focus to far into electric. ICE is their future for EV's.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Electric is great but Ford needs a few homeruns before they focus to far into electric. ICE is their future for EV's.
Agreed.
Not only that but now's the time to milk all they can from new ICE vehicles before regulators tighten up on rules, as they will eventually.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed.
Not only that but now's the time to milk all they can from new ICE vehicles before regulators tighten up on rules, as they will eventually.
Ford is going to make a killing off the Bronco. I haven't seen a critical article or video made on it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I saw a report somewhere that apparently there will be a Hybrid version of the Bronco. That's a good start. I wonder if an EV will come.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I saw a report somewhere that apparently there will be a Hybrid version of the Bronco. That's a good start. I wonder if an EV will come.
If you are young enough most things will come. Careful what you wait for. I've been waiting too long for the R1T to suit my needs and I'm starting to wonder how big the fall will be. I'm not going to put myself through this again. I can't have them all and everyday is a new promise.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ford is making a push towards EVs but I think we're a few years out before they bring out the hybrid version.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As far as specs go, here's how the Bronco compares to the R1T

Bronco 4-Door

Wheelbase:
116.1 inches

Length:
Base: 189.4 inches

Height:
Base: 73.0 inches (soft top)

Width (with mirrors folded):
Base: 75.9 inches

Track Width (Front/Rear):
Base 65.0 inches / 65.0 inches

Off Road:
Ground clearance: 8.3 inches / 11.5 inches (Base/35 inch tires)
Suspension travel front/rear: 200 mm / 215 mm (Base)
Approach angle: 35.5 degrees / 43.2 degrees (Base/35 inch tires)
Breakover angle: 20.0 degrees / 26.3 degrees (Base/35 inch tires)
Departure angle: 29.7 degrees / 37.0 degrees (Base/35 inch tires)
Maximum Water Fording: 33.5 inches

Rivian R1T

Wheelbase
135.8 inches

Length
217.1 inches

Height
70.8 inches

Width
79.3 inches

Track (front/rear)
67.3 inches

Off Road
Ground Clearance: 14.5 inches (275/65R20 Tire)
Approach Angle: 34.8 degrees
Departure Angle: 30.5 degrees
Breakover Angle: 25.7 degrees
Maximum Water Fording: 42.7 inches

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I really want to see the Bronco and the R1T handle the water. Especially with the R1T's higher waterfording level (33.5 inches vs. 42.7 inches)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ford has now sent me an email (I also have a Bronco reservation) saying the "Bronco Build & Price configurator on For‌d‌.‌com will open in mid‑October" and people will start ordering in December. I really want Rivian to step up the pace of getting configurations and pricing out so we can consider capability and prices among these partially overlapping competitors.

Any sign that we will hear from Rivan about actual configurations and prices soon?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Ford has now sent me an email (I also have a Bronco reservation) saying the "Bronco Build & Price configurator on For‌d‌.‌com will open in mid‑October" and people will start ordering in December. I really want Rivian to step up the pace of getting configurations and pricing out so we can consider capability and prices among these partially overlapping competitors.

Any sign that we will hear from Rivan about actual configurations and prices soon?
The only thing Rivian has said (and continues to say) is that the configurator is coming "later this year".

1 - 16 of 16 Posts