Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... im new to this forum and just wanted your opinions... as the title states just wanted to see what you guys would pick with forest edge interior.

I also drive a tesla model x 295 mile range but can really only get about 240 miles... is the rivian at about 260 with large battery? Would be great if the rivian was much better like 300 miles but have a feeling the range loss is going to be about the same.

And 1 more question... it's drivers plus just as good as autopilot on the highway? And any news of if and when city drivers plus coming out?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
Tesla Model Y LR 2020; Rivian R1T Adventure 2022 (Reservation)
68 Posts
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure you can't select Launch Green anymore. Are you thinking of Forest Green?

In order to achieve the rated range I suggest slowing down :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey guys... im new to this forum and just wanted your opinions... as the title states just wanted to see what you guys would pick with forest edge interior.

I also drive a tesla model x 295 mile range but can really only get about 240 miles... is the rivian at about 260 with large battery? Would be great if the rivian was much better like 300 miles but have a feeling the range loss is going to be about the same.

And 1 more question... it's drivers plus just as good as autopilot on the highway? And any news of if and when city drivers plus coming out?

Thanks guys
I have Limestone with FE. Love both. Range is comfortably over 300 with conservative driving. Driver plus is decent on highway but not as good as Tesla yet. Give it time.
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I may be mistaken but I'm pretty sure you can't select Launch Green anymore. Are you thinking of Forest Green?

In order to achieve the rated range I suggest slowing down :)
Yes I understand I can't buy one from rivian but I can still buy that color used... and what do you mean show down? I drive 7 miles over speed limit on highway.... so you suggest that I drive 50 in a 70?

Not sure if you have ever driven a tesla but I'm pretty sure no one gets the epa rated range unless you are driving 45 miles constant for the entire 295 mile range

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have Limestone with FE. Love both. Range is comfortably over 300 with conservative driving. Driver plus is decent on highway but not as good as Tesla yet. Give it time. View attachment 8020
That colors are so nice but you don't ever feel like the colors are clashing especially when you open the door? That's the only thing really giving me any hesitation... but it does look so good.

Have you ever driven a tesla? If you have did you get close to the rated range? I don't ever launch my car and drive on average 7 or 8 miles or speed limit... my typical day is about 75 miles of driving with half highway half city from 45mph or 75mph... there is just no way to get anywhere close in my x to 295 miles.

·
Registered
168 Posts
That colors are so nice but you don't ever feel like the colors are clashing especially when you open the door? That's the only thing really giving me any hesitation... but it does look so good.

Have you ever driven a tesla? If you have did you get close to the rated range? I don't ever launch my car and drive on average 7 or 8 miles or speed limit... my typical day is about 75 miles of driving with half highway half city from 45mph or 75mph... there is just no way to get anywhere close in my x to 295 miles.
Simply put I don't stand with the door open and try to perform the subjective exercise of comparing interior and exterior colors. Both are awesome. I have had Teslas for 6 years, Still have an X. You appear to super analyze the range. I never did or do. I set the remaining range to percentage and I either have 'enough' or I don't. I plug it in when it's low. That said there is a lot more affecting range than the speed and distance you drive. Temperature being the major one. Age of the battery. Historical charging limits. Historical super charging use. AC/heat load. Waking up via the app. Live load in the car etc....which is why I revert back to 'enough' or not.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just took delivery of my R1T Forest Green/Forest Edge. I'm really happy with that color combination. For me, I think I prefer it over the launch green. I was worried the FE interior would be too green, but it's not.

I haven't done a rigorous range test yet, but drove the truck up to LA area last week, and it was pretty clear that I was getting better than estimated range doing a lot of freeway driving in conserve mode.

Driver+ is not as good as Tesla AP, overall. It ping-pongs a little bit on freeway curves. Biggest annoyance is the random places where it decides not to work, and it's refusal to stay engaged in "interchanges" If you drive LA freeways, there are a LOT of these interchanges, and you have to deal with trying to re-engage after you pass through each one. Also, when you engage it, it sets the speed to your current speed, not the speed limit, or some value based on the speed limit (like Tesla does). This is really frustrating, in that every time you re-engage (often, see above), you have to go through the process of setting your target speed again. Or you forget and wonder why the truck wont accelerate past 35 mph on the freeway. If there is anything better than Tesla, it might be the adaptive cruise control part of Driver+. It feels smoother than my Telsa in heavy stop-and-go traffic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Simply put I don't stand with the door open and try to perform the subjective exercise of comparing interior and exterior colors. Both are awesome. I have had Teslas for 6 years, Still have an X. You appear to super analyze the range. I never did or do. I set the remaining range to percentage and I either have 'enough' or I don't. I plug it in when it's low. That said there is a lot more affecting range than the speed and distance you drive. Temperature being the major one. Age of the battery. Historical charging limits. Historical super charging use. AC/heat load. Waking up via the app. Live load in the car etc....which is why I revert back to 'enough' or not.
I drive a lot and it doesn't matter how I drove I never got the epa rates range ever...I have a 2019 with 295 mile range...I currently have 220k miles on the car so I have driven the car in many different situations from hot to cold, rainy, sunny, perfect situation like 70f no wind sunny with ac off. I have even gotten a battery replacement and I have never ever gotten even close to rated range of 295. The best i got was around 265 and that was mostly on flat and slight downhill. I now have about 8 percent battery degradation so now what I can actually drive is about 230 miles on average which is not very good for me.

Range is quite important to me and it would just be great if I could get close to 300 miles.... it would reduce a stop or 2 of charging on my longer trips.

Either way your truck looks great and I think I'll be moving over to it

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yes I understand I can't buy one from rivian but I can still buy that color used... and what do you mean show down? I drive 7 miles over speed limit on highway.... so you suggest that I drive 50 in a 70?

Not sure if you have ever driven a tesla but I'm pretty sure no one gets the epa rated range unless you are driving 45 miles constant for the entire 295 mile range
I've done about 53k miles in my Tesla. I don't suggest you drive 50 in a 70. But driving 70 in a 70 will net you far more range than driving 77 in a 70.

·
Registered
68 Posts
so how many miles is your tesla rated for and do you seem to get pretty close to the rated range?
326 I believe was original. It's down to 296 now. Using my commute as the reference numbers, I think it absolutely would. I do 60 miles round trip and use about 21% when I don't drive like a dipshit :D My more typical driving makes it more like 25 to 28% ... because ... who wouldn't stomp on it through this?

Plant Sky Leaf Road surface Natural landscape

On the interstate at 75 miles per hour? Of course it doesn't get anywhere near 300 miles. Your 240 estimate is probably pretty accurate. So I'm stopping at every supercharger anyway, I just drive what's comfortable (80 to 90) and suffer the consequences of a couple more minutes of charging.

To me that's really the issue. Can I charge in a reasonable amount of time and drive a reasonable speed on long trips. Most Tesla charging is 120 to 150 miles apart. And the answer is yes. I don't know about CCS and an R1T, but I'm not even buying the truck for that. Driving around central Arkansas I know I'll be fine charging almost exclusively from home. A 100 mile radius covers a crap load of space and ensures I'll be able to get home every time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts