Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

If you ordered a MaxPack, when do you think you will take delivery?

• February 2022

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • April 2022

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • June 2022

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Early Fall 2022

Votes: 29 78.4%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is great Rivian raised a ton of money/capital with their IPO. And great for those that bought the stock at $78, and sold at $160 (and great for the IRS as you pay the tax on that gain) but I simply want to know when the MaxPack versions will be delivered.

And don't tell me "January 2022".

Is expecting to take delivery by May 2022 too optimistic?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want mine too.

just make them Now.
I am a little concerned we have no news / information on a MaxPack in real world testing. If they really are going to ship some starting in January, I would think they would have some out being tested and/or for automotive writers to review.

And I also would have thought by now they would have done the EPA testing and have the range locked down. Sure, there are 45 days left in the year, but cmon. Why are they not showing off the MaxPack to twitter / media by now?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there no later options? I’d LOVE to take delivery That soon… but I think it’s probable many of us will be waiting longer.
I am going to be very disappointed if I am waiting until Fall of 2022 for my Rivian. Rivian is worth more than Volkswagen, General Motors, and Ford. They should be able to deliver a few thousand pickups no? LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I expect spring-summer 2023. I'm not an early order holder though.
I ordered mine March 2019.
So getting it March 2022 would be 3 years.

I know people say "be patient, be patient".

My reply is: don't hype your vehicle and take deposits if it is going to be 4 years before you deliver the product to the customer.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I am going to be very disappointed if I am waiting until Fall of 2022 for my Rivian. Rivian is worth more than Volkswagen, General Motors, and Ford. They should be able to deliver a few thousand pickups no? LOL
Don't know when you ordered. But, if you're not one of the earliest reservation holders for the Launch Edition, then you can pretty much rest assured that, you will be disappointed. At this point, being that they're clearly not making any effort to quickly ramp up production and have already stated that the first priority is to deliver vans to Amazon over customer orders, I'd be surprised if they even get all of the Launch Edition reservations fulfilled prior to the end of 2022.

I think we'll be very lucky if the deliver 10,000 R1T or R1S vehicles by the end of 2022.

·
Registered
38 Posts
.At this point, being that they're clearly not making any effort to quickly ramp up production and have already stated that the first priority is to deliver vans to Amazon over customer orders, I'd be surprised if they even get all of the Launch Edition reservations fulfilled prior to the end of 2022.
The prioritization of Amazon over the R1Ts has been refuted in the S1 for the IPO. They clearly stated they have two production lines and that they will have made 1,000 R1Ts and only 10 Amazon vans by the end of the year.

They are not prioritizing Amazon vans.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't know when you ordered. But, if you're not one of the earliest reservation holders for the Launch Edition, then you can pretty much rest assured that, you will be disappointed. At this point, being that they're clearly not making any effort to quickly ramp up production and have already stated that the first priority is to deliver vans to Amazon over customer orders, I'd be surprised if they even get all of the Launch Edition reservations fulfilled prior to the end of 2022.

I think we'll be very lucky if the deliver 10,000 R1T or R1S vehicles by the end of 2022.
Personally I ordered March 2019. So if I have to wait until Spring 2023, that would be 4 years.

Nobody should take deposits on a new housing development, trip to outerspace, Electric Vehicle or tickets to the SuperBowl four years in advance.

If they can't ramp with just a little bit of urgency in Q1, I am concerned. There is no chip shortage if you are only building 800-1000 cars a month (which isn't a lot).

·
Registered
178 Posts
MAX PACK, When will I see the R1S?
I've asked Customer Service this question several times. The answer has varied, but it's always been some form of "there should be an announcement [fill in this blank with your choice of ambiguous date]."

One of the blanks was "sometime after R1S deliveries begin", while another was "sometime early in the new year" and another "hopefully first quarter of the new year." The constant was that what will happen is that there will be "an announcement"; at no point did anyone say what that announcement would consist of.

I strongly suspect that reason Rivian is being vague about this is because it's proving to be more difficult than expected to fit the Max Pack into the R1S. This is a guess of course, but we can say for sure that there is less room for a larger battery in the R1S because of the third row of seats. I'd guess that the 180 kWh battery pack used on the R1T Max won't fit in the S and needs to be either reconfigued or redesigned, perhaps with a reduction in capacity.

I'll take Rivian at their word that we will see an announcement about the R1S Max in the next few months and hope that at the least, the announcement will signal that the R1S Max is now an option in the configurator. That means however that Rivian must finalize the engineering for the R1S Max over the next several months.

Design finalization aside, I frankly don't expect that Rivian will want to introduce the new model into their manufacturing line until they get much further along in Long Range production. If that's correct, I'd think that the R1S Max production would begin in late 2022, with deliveries ramping up beginning in 2023.

Most of us who want the R1S Max probably won't have one in the driveway for quite some time. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but think that delivery in late 2023 or early 2024 is probably realistic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It is great Rivian raised a ton of money/capital with their IPO. And great for those that bought the stock at $78, and sold at $160 (and great for the IRS as you pay the tax on that gain) but I simply want to know when the MaxPack versions will be delivered.

And don't tell me "January 2022".

Is expecting to take delivery by May 2022 too optimistic?
I'm finding harder to believe that the R1S will be delivered by January 22! Nor the MaxPack!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm finding harder to believe that the R1S will be delivered by January 22! Nor the MaxPack!
I am interested in the R1T Max Pack. I don't think Rivian even promised a R1S Max Pack "anytime soon".

I just would like to know they have built at least a couple of R1T Max Packs and are testing them. What the heck are doing at the factory, sitting around playing cards?! LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nobody should take deposits on a new housing development, trip to outerspace, Electric Vehicle or tickets to the SuperBowl four years in advance.
Take some responsibility for your own actions - no one forced you to give them money, and they didn't promise much of anything for that money except that it was fully refundable and it would influence your place in line to get a vehicle when and if they ever got manufactured. That's all. There was never any delivery guarantee, let alone a guaranteed date. Those were the terms you accepted. If you "assumed" something that didn't come true, that's on you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
And just to be absolutely clear, this Preorder Agreement is what you agreed to when you made a deposit. I have excerpted and highlighted some relevant parts of it below.

1. No Obligations
Each Preorder you submit for a Vehicle acts as a deposit for a future purchase of the Vehicle. You are under no obligation to purchase a Vehicle from us, and we are under no obligation to supply you with a Vehicle.

5. No Guarantee of Delivery Date
You are preordering a Vehicle without specifying the model, features, and options. We will endeavor to produce Your Selected Vehicle in the future and your priority will be set by the date of payment of your Preorder Fee, our manufacturing schedule, our delivery and service operations availability and execution of the Final Sales Agreement. There is no guarantee as to delivery date based on your Preorder.

9. Force Majeure
The obligations of you and Rivian under this Agreement (other than your payment obligations) will be suspended to the extent that such party is wholly or partially precluded from complying with its obligations under this Agreement by force majeure. Force majeure includes, but is not restricted to, ... epidemic, public health emergency, quarantine restriction, ... or any other event or circumstance beyond such party’s control.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts