Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

FOUR YEARS

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  David Sandridge 
#1 ·
If you placed your preorder in the fall of 2018, your wait as of last weeks EMAIL is four years. And if you were notified by your guide that you were comfirmed in the APRIL-MAY delivery group and can expect additional delivery information in a couple weeks. What does this say about the value of the information shared by them?
Can we acknowledge or admit that we have been lied to consistently? We accepted the pandemic, staffing shortage, supply limitations and stock market failure to create more delayed delivery dates. And not to forget that for over a year prior to the opening of the Configuration date, we were told that the MAXPACK would be the 400mi range package. Of course upon Configuration time the 400mi range Package is not available, and becomes a 316mi range package. We were also told that the 400mi range Maxpack as well as the R1S would be available at the beginning of 2022. And let's not forget the price increases. "So I guess one shouldn't be surprised by by another lie!"
"MAYBE but MAYBE 3 and 4 year preorder holders will receive a beautiful good faith 🙏 offer from Rivian, like a $5000.00 discount on their preorders. Or a 400mi range battery pack at no extra charge if they are willing to wait another year for its delivery date!"

Discussion starter · #5 ·
It appears that most these comments are from people who have not been on the flip side of the vehicle waiting list. Nor have they experienced the let downs of promises to deliver. Nor were they around a year and half prior to Configuration time when preorder holders were led to believe that the MAXPACK was the 400mi range package, and that it would be available in January 2022.
Maybe they're right, it's probably best that I cancel my November 2018 preorder, and reconsider one of the many new EV developments that are about hit the market!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.