Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

FOUR YEARS

3K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  David Sandridge 
Been resisting the urge to vent but ordered in Jan 2019 and now have an October-December delivery time for my R1S. So many delays, no information, and what started as lots of events, swag, appreciation, and feeling like part of a shared experience, I now feels like a customer who has less value to Rivian than the person who joined the line with an extra $20k price much more recently.

I understand all the why's and how's, it just that now I feel a lot less important to Rivian, it's hard not to feel Rivian is not a lot less important to me. Rivian owes me nothing (except $1000), and they are just trying to make money and stay in business, but it is very hard not to feel like the 3+ years of waiting and the initial effort they made to 'keep the dream alive' was a cynical effort to step on me to keep their own dream alive.
Like I said, just venting, and understand the OPs frustration.
Misery loves company; my R1S reservation was in Nov 2018, and I am also in the Seattle area.
Also, I am in the Seattle area next to Amazon and a service center, and changed the interior to black but who the heck really knows what really makes a difference...
I'm with you. My R1S reservation was in Nov 2018, and I am also in the Seattle area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.