Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When it is time to go it is time to go! Pure silence since I played my order June of 21 (Blue/Adv Pack/Black Interior/Spare Tire/Large Pack/Power Toneau) then today I get all at once. Email saying Confirm, immediately followed by email to start 8 steps, a Guide assigned (no contact yet, probably because of holiday weekend) and a VIN.

Its real now :)

Looks like Rivian does financing through Chase. Are people getting the rates you see on the Chase website or better than that generally? Are you finding the insurance through Rivian to be better than through your existing provider? Not sure I want Rivian Insurance as I think they track how you drive and I am a wee bit of a lead foot. LOL

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Financing rates are better elsewhere. Insurance wasn’t better for me but I have seen others say it was at least competitive. Congrats!
My CU has better rates on their site than Chase does but the last car I bought for my wife, Chase bought the loan by giving me a great rate through the dealership and I kinda hoped they might be doing the same via Rivian.

I will probably stick with current Insurance provider just because everything is bundled there and it is easier to manage but my agent suggested I look around when I asked him how much the Rivians were a couple months ago (but I live in a not so upscale area so he does not see a lot of expensive cars and he said the same when I bought my toy car in Summer of 2020)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same here but a week ago. R1T (Blue/Adv Pack/Ocean Interior/Large Pack/Power Toneau/21 Road). 10/2021 Preorder.

I was able to get 4.35% from the CU I've been using for years. Might be lower out there but setting up the loan was a piece of cake. Insurance I was able to get lower with my current.

Good luck and happy waiting! I still don't have a delivery date tho.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you get a delivery date? The same just happened to me
Did you get a delivery date? The same just happened to me
It does not show the date in the portal but my guide called me and said mine is still at the factory so likely 6 to 8 weeks out. Which is good for me I need to get a couple bills paid before I take on another new bill :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m happy for all you guys but……….you’re killing me! Location > reservation date. Fingers crossed for an update some day soon.
Yeah location does seem to trump reservation date, they have to have a place to service if you have issues. That said it is not like Portland (where I am) was first in line for those locations. But definitely in line before more remote locations. My reservation was July of 21 so by the time I get it 15 months total and that is definitely not bad.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah location does seem to trump reservation date, they have to have a place to service if you have issues. That said it is not like Portland (where I am) was first in line for those locations. But definitely in line before more remote locations. My reservation was July of 21 so by the time I get it 15 months total and that is definitely not bad.
The kicker is I’m driving distance to Portland and I know there have been deliveries down in Southern Oregon, just not to me! I’m about 6 months ahead of you in the waiting game.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The kicker is I’m driving distance to Portland and I know there have been deliveries down in Southern Oregon, just not to me! I’m about 6 months ahead of you in the waiting game.
I also saw some early deliveries out to Bend and they have almost the same distance for service as you would say out of Medford.... yeah so hard to say

·
Registered
65 Posts
I also saw some early deliveries out to Bend and they have almost the same distance for service as you would say out of Medford.... yeah so hard to say
I’m trying to stay positive and not go down the bitterness path. Until my number is called I’ll just live vicariously through people like yourself and chat with CS every couple of weeks just for fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Congrats! Still waiting for my delivery date. Looks like I got my VIN about a week before you but still waiting. Lucky you! I got the exact same color and reading your post is killing me! ;)

I'm in the SF Bay Area so don't know if that makes a difference (probably does).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Awesome to see you get yours so quick. I completed my payment in full and my vehicle is already fully insured and I haven’t even gotten a date yet. I know it’s at CS undergoing inspection through, since last week I believe, and that scares me.

Congrats on the beautiful truck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my email for delivery!!!!! So it took about a little less than a month from the 8 step process email to getting the delivery email. 8/28 - 9/23. I live in the Bay Area in case anyone was thinking geography makes a difference (it probably does).

So beyond the usual stuff, what should be on my check off list when picking it up? I'm probably picking it up this coming Tuesday.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts