Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was the Front nose designed to maximize the damage by rocks, road debris and bugs to show how it pushes thru the air ? Understand no grill is needed, however, blunt flat nose will simply get dinged by rocks, road debris and bugs splatter. A stainless steel grill design or some plastic insert would have been better for cleaning and replacing.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Rivian says it has some of the best aerodynamics even though its shaped like a brick:

"One of the reasons the R1T is better in aerodynamics than any other pickup truck in the world? Years of collaboration between our aerodynamicists, designers, engineers and sculptors to give you the greatest range possible."

I'm prepared to get paint protection film applied so those rocks and debris won't be able to damage the paint.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rivian says it has some of the best aerodynamics even though its shaped like a brick:

"One of the reasons the R1T is better in aerodynamics than any other pickup truck in the world? Years of collaboration between our aerodynamicists, designers, engineers and sculptors to give you the greatest range possible."

I'm prepared to get a paint protection film applied so those rocks and debris won't be able to damage the paint.
Our feelings about the front go back to the first time we saw it. Rubs me wrong. Course, I am an old car guy who drove a '55 Ford for awhile. So I have ideas about a custom, bright metal, front cover which would also provide for mounting REAL high beam head lights. So many late model vehicles have inadequate head lights for driving 70 or so on a dark night on dark pavement. Yes, that is right, my night vision is not as good as it once was. And I still want to avoid the people who walk out in the roadway on dark nights in dark clothing. Or any other critter that might wrect a $70,000 vehicle. Rivian seems to be designed to be seen, not to see, at night.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm satisfied with the look. The R1T is not that inspiring but it gives a lighter look for me instead of a rolling tank that I see in the Hummer and Cybertruck. I've had PPF on my 911 for coming up on 4 years and am satisfied with it but I don't apply a high pressure to it when cleaning. I was told not to by the installer. No film on the R1T for me. I plan on going on some dirt and don't want to have to worrry about dirt buildup on the edges of the film or a spray wash loosen up the edges. Semless wrap means taking parts off and puting them back on. My installer will not do that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm satisfied with the look. The R1T is not that inspiring but it gives a lighter look for me instead of a rolling tank that I see in the Hummer and Cybertruck. I've had PPF on my 911 for coming up on 4 years and am satisfied with it but I don't apply a high pressure to it when cleaning. I was told not to by the installer. No film on the R1T for me. I plan on going on some dirt and don't want to have to worrry about dirt buildup on the edges of the film or a spray wash loosen up the edges. Semless wrap means taking parts off and puting them back on. My installer will not do that.
There was PPF on the front of our motor home when we became the third owner. Did not know we were to wax it regularly, so mildew grew underneath. Cost us several hundred dollars to have it removed. At least the paint was like new after removal, except where installers had cut the paint! So bras or guards are the better ways to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts