Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the first mile test drive…very impressed. The R1T I drove, however, had a crack the the grille light bar. While I like the look, I question it’s durability as being flat, right at the point of road debris impact(s).

Anyone seeing this. Anyone have a solution to increase the lights plastic durability?

·
Registered
936 Posts
On thurs this week, I am doing clear Xpel PPF on the entire front-end (and hood) and on the strip of paint you put your hand on to close the tailgate. Not doing the front fenders, sides or anything else... Just the boxy parts and the hood (since I will also see a lot of snow and ice when out and about in winter), and there is no engine underneath to warm the hood up. The guy that is doing the Xpel recommended it - he has a Tesla and said that the hood would be taking some abuse in NE. I told him "I'm a truck guy, not a car guy, and my truck doesn't have to be perfect all the time, and I'm not washing it if there's pollen on it, or if it has a little mud on the sides"... He is getting me the partial PPF job for those specific surfaces. 1600-1700 bucks FYI

·
Registered
2022 Rivian R1T
29 Posts
... said that the hood would be taking some abuse in NE. ...
NE = New England or Nebraska? If the former ... where are you having it done? I'm in CT and have never looked into PPF before and am trying to figure out who to trust. :)

Thanks,
pat----

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm in New England. The guy who is doing the work is located in Arlington MA. He's also going to do my buddy's Limestone R1T. We are getting a 2fer (hundo off the price tag!). Arlington Auto Detailing

The owner's name is Steve. I met with him before hand and he showed me some of his work. He even showed me a partial application he did on the front end of his own Tesla.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I took the first mile test drive…very impressed. The R1T I drove, however, had a crack the the grille light bar. While I like the look, I question it’s durability as being flat, right at the point of road debris impact(s).

Anyone seeing this. Anyone have a solution to increase the lights plastic durability?
Interesting ... I just test drove a Forest Green R1T last week in Utah and it had a cracked grill light bar too. Was it the same one or is cracking the front light bar a real concern?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts