Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my R1T for about 2 months. Since delivery its had an irritating front suspension rattle predominantly on the driver side, which I‘d describe like a loose/defective bushing allowing a suspension component to rattle over uneven surfaces.

I‘ve had the suspension recall complated and two seperate visits to the service center for diagnosis. The techs are telling me the rattle is normal but safe. With ~1200 miles on my new truck, the rattle drives me crazy.

Is anyone else experiencing front suspension rattling?

Thank you

· Registered
13 Posts
I've had my R1S for about a month, and have had the same issue from Day 1. Driver's side, sounds like something flapping whenever you go over bumps at low speed. I asked the Rivian tech to listen to it on a drive when I took my vehicle in for recall maintenance. They said it was normal.

· Registered
8 Posts
I had the same rattle and a mobile service tech cured it for the time being. He indicated that it had something to do with a joint in the front axle which needed to be repacked with lubricant. He took about an hour and now the noise seems to have gone away. There is a different noise which he indicated is by design due to a floating connector up front front which i assume is to keep the drive trail from destroying itself under all of the power available to the vehicle

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Following up on my Nov 6 post, my front suspension noises seem to be getting worse with mileage. @3500 miles it rattles more than ever over uneven surfaces (particularly <25 mph) and now while using regen braking, say in a parking lot, and turning (Rt or Lft) it make a large “clanking“ from either side as it stops.

Rivian tech’s keep telling me its “normal“ and to be expected from such a sophisticated suspension. When did rattles and clanking become an acceptable exchange for sophistication? I have airbag suspension on other cars with no such noises/issues.

Many have commented on this thread with similar experiences…has anyone found a fix or improvement? I love my RIT, but the front end rattles are embarrassing….

1 - 12 of 12 Posts