Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever drive on the highway and see mattresses tied to the roof of cars... or SUV's with extra long things hanging out the back and the truck bungee cord half open? Well, I can't wait to see what extra large items people put in their front truck and try to tie it down half open, and then drive trying to look over the top of an open front truck ! ;)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Ever drive on the highway and see mattresses tied to the roof of cars... or SUV's with extra long things hanging out the back and the truck bungee cord half open? Well, I can't wait to see what extra large items people put in their front truck and try to tie it down half open, and then drive trying to look over the top of an open front truck ! ;)
I wouldn't be surprised if the vehicle has some warnings/alarms if the frunk isn't latched closed.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Tesla indicated that the reason why the frunk of the model S doesn't open or close automatically is that NHTSA requires a second manual lock to open/close a front trunk.
Maybe they've softened?
Maybe requirements are different for pickups/SUV's than for cars? Purely a guess. Or, more likely, they've somehow managed to create latches/locks that satisfy requirements? Could still have a double lock. The only difference now being that it has an electric motor to pull it down rather than having to be pulled down by a human hand?

I look forward to that feature. I never use my Tesla frunk because it's such a pain in the rear to use. Having to push down with two hands with some decent force to get it closed, yet while also being extremely careful to not bend the hood as they say can happen if you don't press in the correct places. The trunk is so much easier. Push a button and presto, it's closed. If the new frunks work in the same manner, then it will be my primary place to put groceries and such.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.