Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Someone has posted however that the frunk does not have a proper drain. The water runs out all over the underside of the truck. Not good. Look for a post; perhaps on Rivianforum.com for the answer.

Personally I won’t try it. Just my preference. I put a fridge up There instead. 😊

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not necessarily Frunk specific, but what's the largest electric cooler anyone has found that can fit anywhere in the Frunk/Tunnel or the bed with the tonneau cover closed?

The bed is specc'ed to be 17" high with the tonneau cover closed. The best I've found is this one at 32qt, but I'm really hoping for something a bit larger:

The gear tunnel is taller, but oddly shaped, so i'm uncertain what may fit in there. (And an electric cooler probably wants to stay straight upgright).

·
Registered
20 Posts
ICECO Go20. Amazon. $449. Fits the frunk like a glove.

has two compartments, one can we freezer, or all of it can be. Pretty neat little fridge.

Someone else said it also fits inside the gear tunnel. But I haven’t verified.

·
Registered
175 Posts
ICECO Go20. Amazon. $449. Fits the frunk like a glove.

has two compartments, one can we freezer, or all of it can be. Pretty neat little fridge.

Someone else said it also fits inside the gear tunnel. But I haven’t verified.
Do these type of mini fridge/freezers need ventilation? I am wondering if this would cause them to fail early if running long periods in the frunk on a road trip

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure but it does run and have a fan making the heat go somewhere. Guess I’ll see over time.

I have it plugged in to the 12V all the time as a fridge for water. Takes a bit of driving to cool down. Bug it works pretty well. Freezer function is effective too. Will be great on longer road trips.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Someone has posted however that the frunk does not have a proper drain. The water runs out all over the underside of the truck. Not good. Look for a post; perhaps on Rivianforum.com for the answer.

Personally I won’t try it. Just my preference. I put a fridge up There instead. 😊
And driving in a rainstorm or through a river?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts