Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you know about FSD?

Here's what I think.

Here's what "They" are all thinking about FSD autonomous driving. "They" being Elon, Amazon, Waymo and others.

By 2025, there will be a whole fleet of Teslas, and others, that will cost as low as .18 cents a mile to use. Let's just say it's .20c per mile. That means you can order one and drive from LA to San Francisco for about $75.00 while you're on your computer doing stuff! Shit why would you own a car? Same thing just going to the grocery store. A 5 Mile round trip will costs you $1.00 conveniently charged to your CC.

If you live in a big city, New York duh! Why would you own a car? All you need is a cell phone and a credit card.

So the FSD future is huge! Tesla sells every car it makes right now. Elon knows that eventually they are going to sit with a surplus. After all these cars don't break and they get updated constantly, so eventually something has to happen. That's when all surplus vehicles will become "fleet" cars.

They will return after each trip is complete, to the nearest charging station where an attendant will charge it again for the next trip.

That's where Elon has a leg up on everybody, they have mountains of data and getting more each day. Amazon is not far behind but need to ramp up their system of collecting data. This they could share with Rivian.

I just hope Amazon has started on this. This is the future, as hard it is to believe, will happen. I know I will always have a car. My kid? maybe not. And his kid's will not even have drivers licenses!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Cannot wait for my Canyon Red Ocean Coast LE R1T! (Nov 28th, 2018)

·
Registered
71 Posts
What do you know about FSD?

Here's what I think.

Here's what "They" are all thinking about FSD autonomous driving. "They" being Elon, Amazon, Waymo and others.

By 2025, there will be a whole fleet of Teslas, and others, that will cost as low as .18 cents a mile to use. Let's just say it's .20c per mile. That means you can order one and drive from LA to San Francisco for about $75.00 while you're on your computer doing stuff! Shit why would you own a car? Same thing just going to the grocery store. A 5 Mile round trip will costs you $1.00 conveniently charged to your CC.

If you live in a big city, New York duh! Why would you own a car? All you need is a cell phone and a credit card.

So the FSD future is huge! Tesla sells every car it makes right now. Elon knows that eventually they are going to sit with a surplus. After all these cars don't break and they get updated constantly, so eventually something has to happen. That's when all surplus vehicles will become "fleet" cars.

They will return after each trip is complete, to the nearest charging station where an attendant will charge it again for the next trip.

That's where Elon has a leg up on everybody, they have mountains of data and getting more each day. Amazon is not far behind but need to ramp up their system of collecting data. This they could share with Rivian.

I just hope Amazon has started on this. This is the future, as hard it is to believe, will happen. I know I will always have a car. My kid? maybe not. And his kid's will not even have drivers licenses!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Cannot wait for my Canyon Red Ocean Coast LE R1T! (Nov 28th, 2018)
LMAO .... still waiting on that FSD Cross Country .. nevermind that Cross Country Summon from L.A. to NYC, what about them 1million Robotaxis by end of 2020, L5 promised 1 too many times .. thanks for that laugh tonight ..LOL

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
310 Posts
It’ll be a huge cultural shift, and likely take far longer than Elon envisions (like most things he envisions). One challenge for me with this is that I keep a lot of “stuff” in my vehicle. Lugging that stuff in and out with every trip will not be convenient. If I’m lucky, I’ve got about 30 years left on my lease on life. I expect to own a car for so long as I’m capable of operating one.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I keep a lot of “stuff” in my vehicle. Lugging that stuff in and out with every trip will not be convenient.
Same for me. I have three golf bags, golf shoes, etc. in the back of my SUV at all times. Not gonna take all of that out just to let some stranger ride around in my car, or load all of that into a "rental" car each day.

·
Registered
559 Posts
The fact they call it "Full Self Driving" for the public but then they tell the DOT it is only ever intended to be L2 bothers me!

Elon is the modern snake oil salesman.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts