Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many of you have had funny questions and experiences. One I had recently when I pulled through an Arby's drive through.
After I placed my order at the menu board, I drove around to the window. Got to the window and handed the kid my credit card. He looked at my truck and said, "What kinda car is that"? I said, "kid, it's a truck". Kid says "yeah, yeah, who makes it. Rivian I said. He said "cool, nice truck, do you mind if I take a picture of it to show my friends".
I said, sure go ahead, and he whips out his phone and started taking a few pics.
Then he steps back and says "Thankyou". I said "no problem", sitting there. The kid once again steps back a little and say "Thankyou sir" as if to say, I'm done taking pictures, thanks, you can leave now.
Finally I said to him, what about my food order? Then he realized he had completely forgotten about my food.
After this all happened and he gave me my order, I realized that he hadn't given me my credit card back.
I said, "nice try kid", now please give me my credit card back. Kid was totally embarrassed.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I welcome the future opportunity to appease gawkers and lookers. I work with a lot of people who have drank LOADS of the Tesla Kool-Aid, so much so that they believe Elon Musk is the second coming of Christ! I welcome the chance to say to those folks..."Where's your Cyber Truck now?"

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have literally had people run me down from across a field flailing their arms wildly to see the truck. I am also amazed by how many of the stalkers (ummm people) are pre-order holders or thinking about buying one. That said, I have other people that see it and are actually completely unaware of who Rivian is and that there is actually an electric truck in existence. It runs the full spectrum. The best conversations are with some of the most random people... My dump guy is awesome - can't stop talking about it compared to his Jeep. Says it's "too nice". Thinks I am crazy if I drive it out on the sand. etc...

One of the most encouraging things I see, are all the young kids and teens that love it. They give the best props and thumbs up. They also seem to be in the know more than most adults when it comes to EV technology and the future of transportation. I took my buddies son for a ride b/c he asked his dad if he could see my truck. His sister (5th grade) jumped in and went on to explain every single feature of the truck, then immediately told her dad to stop all plans for painting their house and to reallocate funds toward a R1T instead. These stories go on and on.

Since day 1, and whenever I get approached, I have decided that (as an early adopter) I would play personal "guide" to anyone asking questions or interested in Rivian... I am actually going out of my way to talk to people about my experience and everything the truck is capable of. I always start by saying that "I am only a few weeks in, so definitely ask me again in a year..." The caveat being that we all need to see how our trucks perform over time, how well we are supported by Rivian, and what happens when something goes wrong. Time will tell. I know I'm not getting a check for selling 20 Rivians this month, BUT I am a shareholder, and I want to see the company do well. I will continue to let strangers hop in my truck and kids crawl through the gear tunnel. There is no downside.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Yesterday I stopped at a shop that rebuild's electric motors (for my work) to pickup some parts and shaker motors they did for me and I literally had the entire staff of 15people outside for 35-40min doing a Rivian Runthrough. They were all very complimentary of the truck and how everything looked, its features, and more. Only one younger guy knew what it was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts