Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read an Interesting article detailing the possible IPO for Rivian later this year:

Also: Is This the Biggest Winner from Rivian Automotive's Massive IPO? | The Motley Fool

One statement jumped out from the first article: "The company has a long-term goal of producing 250,000 vehicles by 2025, which includes three more consumer-based models with a lower price point."

Question: Do we have any leads (or guesses) on what those three models might be?
My guesses:
  • Smaller off-road version of the SUV, as in a jeep-sized two door.
  • Overlander-style "sprinter" camper van based on the Amazon delivery van
  • Crossover akin to the Subaru Outback

Other guesses?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They've talked about the EMEA markets and those markets are not looking for big SUVs and trucks, they're looking for smaller commuter vehicles. My bet is a sedan, crossover, and compact SUV.
Sorry, EMEA? (is that something to do with Europe?)

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
They've talked about the EMEA markets and those markets are not looking for big SUVs and trucks, they're looking for smaller commuter vehicles. My bet is a sedan, crossover, and compact SUV.
Sedans are slowly dying and Rivian might be best off with just crossovers, CUVs and SUVs.

I think the next model should be an Evoque style small SUV.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Agree that with their “adventure” positioning, a sedan isn’t likely. I could see an Audi Allroad or Volvo Cross Country-like wagon, though, especially for Europe.
Love that idea! Something luxurious, modern. It could be a real hit!

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
241 Posts
That's true for the American market but Rivian is attempting to establish itself globally. Europe and Asia like small cars.
Still I would bet on something like the Subaru Crosstrek over a sedan.

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
147 Posts
Agreed, as I drive an Audi Allroad currently and would love a wagon variant with all the trips I use my past, present and future cars for...
Loved my Allroad, and I was all ready to go in on an A6 Allroad until the R1S grabbed a hold of me. If they made a vehicle like that I think it would do great. Especially at the 45k price point

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
What does everyone think about Rivian launching a full-size SUV, something along the lines of a BMW X7, Mercedes GLS, Audi Q8, Cadillac Escalade and Lincoln Navigator? After making a smaller sized SUV available that sells at high volume, this could be the next ideal move.

·
Registered
2019 Zero SR/F and 2018, BMW i3
241 Posts
Sorry I didn’t understand your point. The R1S is 5 inches longer than the Q8, is just 1 inch shorter than the X7 and 3 inches shorter than the GLS. It seems to me it is a full size SUV.
What does everyone think about Rivian launching a full-size SUV, something along the lines of a BMW X7, Mercedes GLS, Audi Q8, Cadillac Escalade and Lincoln Navigator? After making a smaller sized SUV available that sells at high volume, this could be the next ideal move.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts