Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gear Guard is available on Launch Edition and Adventure versions of the R1T pickup. According to Rivian it features two integrated locking cables to safely secure bicycle frames and other gear to the bed. Any gear stored in the bed is monitored by a bed camera and the system alerts owners should the bed or contents be tampered with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gear Guard is available on Launch Edition and Adventure versions of the R1T pickup. According to Rivian it features two integrated locking cables to safely secure bicycle frames and other gear to the bed. Any gear stored in the bed is monitored by a bed camera and the system alerts owners should the bed or contents be tampered with.
What about visual monitoring for the rest of the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
"Gear Guard Is Rivian's Version Of Sentry Mode"

What?! Based on what source do you equate these two?
What about visual monitoring for the rest of the vehicle?
I should have said 'for your trucks bed' as its not confirmed that we'll get cameras for the exterior. Hopefully Rivian finds a way to include exterior cameras the way Tesla did. Where do you guys think they should be placed?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I should have said 'for your trucks bed' as its not confirmed that we'll get cameras for the exterior. Hopefully Rivian finds a way to include exterior cameras the way Tesla did. Where do you guys think they should be placed?
Thanks for the clarification. IMO, I'd rather wait until Rivian announces their security system, which I was assured by the R1S team lead at the Normal event would exceed Tesla's Sentry Mode, to discuss it's value, usefulness, etc. Until then any speculation and postulating just further pollutes this forum with useless information thus making it harder for members to actually find factual and useful information. I suspect we'll hear something on this topic from Rivian in the next few months. If not, I know they'll will be getting an email or call from me, and I encourage others to the same, for them to provide details on this if they expect me, and I'm sure many others, to keep our LE and non-LE orders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts