Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. This is my first post and I have two questions. I have closely examined numerous interior photos of the R1T and can find no "start" button. How does one "power up" the R1T? AND I have seen photos/ videos of the R1T charging from either front corner. Is it possible my eyes deceive me?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hi all. This is my first post and I have two questions. I have closely examined numerous interior photos of the R1T and can find no "start" button. How does one "power up" the R1T? AND I have seen photos/ videos of the R1T charging from either front corner. Is it possible my eyes deceive me?
With the Tesla (At least the S and X) you just step on the break and it goes through a wakeup process. When your done, just put it in park and exit the vehicle.

·
Registered
386 Posts
W.R.T. the charging port, the early prototypes had the charging port on the front passenger fender. Then at some point in the vehicle development cycle, the charging port moved to the front driver's fender. Hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I imagine there will be some way to start it with the Rivian app as well.
One cool thing with the Tesla App, I can unlock the car remotely and "turn it on" so it can be driven. Worth noting, this was one of those OTA updates enabled a couple of years after I purchased the car.

A use case scenario you are somewhere else and would like someone to use your car to pick you up. You can unlock it and enable them to drive it from anywhere as long as you and the car have an internet connection. Have I ever used it? Only to test, but it is kind of cool to know you can and it would be a cool feature for a vehicle designed for adventure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.