Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone received a delivery date yet on their R1S?
I don't have a firm date or a VIN yet. My guide said "late April or early May", so hopefully soon. My credit union loan approval has the rate locked until June 11, so as long as it's before then I'm fine. Since this is my first EV I still need to install a 240V circuit for charging, and my guide said he'll try to get the wall charger to me ahead of delivery so I have time to install it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
II spoke with my guide on the 12th and it went well. Kristyn was very professional.
Spoke with our guide on the 13th and it went very well, now waiting to receive the official order form so I can sign it and get into the other details. Katy could only state that delivery could probably be expected in late May. Our delivery had been April-May so delivery might happen within that 2 month window. We made our deposit in November 2018, but have to have Forest Green with a Forest Edge interior. Do not like the paint upcharge, but plan to have the vehicle for a long time and we did not care for the other colors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Spoke with our guide on the 13th and it went very well, now waiting to receive the official order form so I can sign it and get into the other details. Katy could only state that delivery could probably be expected in late May. Our delivery had been April-May so delivery might happen within that 2 month window. We made our deposit in November 2018, but have to have Forest Green with a Forest Edge interior. Do not like the paint upcharge, but plan to have the vehicle for a long time and we did not care for the other colors.
Those colors would have been my first choice if not for the upcharges. I went with launch green and black interior for that reason. Hopefully the green interior doesn't cause additional delay for you, it sounds like it has for some of the R1T orders.

·
Registered
R1S Adventure ordered 10/27/2021), Red, Large battery (want Max, tho)
87 Posts
One interesting bit of info that I hadn't heard before is that there may be a camp kitchen coming for the R1S that could be purchased later as an accessory.
Where?

Are they re-designing the R1S to include a gear tunnel?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Where?

Are they re-designing the R1S to include a gear tunnel?
He said they're modifying it to tilt out of the back. I'm guessing it would sit in the back cargo area and fold out on top of the tailgate, which would also mean it would be under cover of the hatch. That's just my guess though, I don't have any real details. That could make it even better for tailgating or camping in a tight space as it wouldn't require a big area to the side of the vehicle in order to use it. It might use up a lot of cargo area though, but that depends on how they do it. It's mostly speculation at this point.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Noticed I had a guide assigned around 4/11, then had my call with the guide on 4/13 to confrim my spec. Within a few days my confirmation showed "locked" in the portal. My guide advised that I would recieve the pre-buyers agreement to sign within 1-2 weeks. I was told the PBA would be delivered in my email for electronic signature. My delivery window is still on track for April-May delivery. Looking forward to that PBA, and VIN assignment so I can complete the 8 step buying process online and get behind the wheel! (pre-order: 11/28/18 model: R1S LE, GW, BM)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Noticed I had a guide assigned around 4/11, then had my call with the guide on 4/13 to confrim my spec. Within a few days my confirmation showed "locked" in the portal. My guide advised that I would recieve the pre-buyers agreement to sign within 1-2 weeks. I was told the PBA would be delivered in my email for electronic signature. My delivery window is still on track for April-May delivery. Looking forward to that PBA, and VIN assignment so I can complete the 8 step buying process online and get behind the wheel! (pre-order: 11/28/18 model: R1S LE, GW, BM)
Where does it show "locked"? I wonder if mine is the same or different. The message in my portal says, "Your configuration is confirmed — to make any changes, please reach out to your Rivian Guide. Changes to some options may affect your delivery timing."

·
Registered
4 Posts
Where does it show "locked"? I wonder if mine is the same or different. The message in my portal says, "Your configuration is confirmed — to make any changes, please reach out to your Rivian Guide. Changes to some options may affect your delivery timing."
Yes, mine shows the same. Configuration confrimed. I think the "locked" happens after a PBA is signed. I got a little ahead of myself with wishful thinking! lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received this exact same email yesterday and initially thought it was some sort of April Fool's joke. I also ordered in Jan, 2019, April/May delivery estimate, R1S LE in launch green, black interior, 20"wheels, Austin, TX area.

My wife isn't happy with the cost, which is way more than we've ever spent on a vehicle. She says we'll just have to name it Bruno.
Keep us updated. Looking forward to deliveries starting. My window is Sept - November.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just signed my PBA for incoming R1S this evening! Getting pretty excited over here for that VIN assignment!

Have any current owners been able to get any photos of their vehicle in production? I need to ask my guide this question, of course.

Would be nice to have to keep with the car, especially as a LE vehicle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just signed my PBA for incoming R1S this evening! Getting pretty excited over here for that VIN assignment!

Have any current owners been able to get any photos of their vehicle in production? I need to ask my guide this question, of course.

Congratualation for everyone who got assigned guide and progressing pre-steps of delivery...
Please don't forget to post pics and your review here aftre you got your R1S, your post will help like me and others who waiting from long time...

Thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·

I just signed my agreement yesterday. Any thought on when to expect delivery post signing?

41 - 60 of 100 Posts