Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
yea, did you get this email?
I've been hoping to get "the email" to connect with a guide so any mass update email from Rivian is a total letdown. :LOL: I'm in the May/June group for an R1S LE. With that in mind, the email last night left me wondering if my combination of color choices and delivery location is optimized for the fastest delivery. No surprise and honestly assumed that batching of production line products was the obvious way to go vs custom build according to order #. I really hope they're smarter than that. Would have bought a Koenigsegg otherwise! Back on track... I have stuck with what I'd consider the most basic LE options: Launch Green, Black interior. I did add on all the extras that were available 3 years ago but have not messed with it since in fear of delaying delivery. My delivery is set for home but wondering if requesting a Bloomington/Normal pickup would give any priority. I'm 2 hours drive north.
That turned into a bigger ramble than I planned.
Hope you all ahead of me get your deliveries expedited so they can get on to mine!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've been hoping to get "the email" to connect with a guide so any mass update email from Rivian is a total letdown. :LOL: I'm in the May/June group for an R1S LE. With that in mind, the email last night left me wondering if my combination of color choices and delivery location is optimized for the fastest delivery. No surprise and honestly assumed that batching of production line products was the obvious way to go vs custom build according to order #. I really hope they're smarter than that. Would have bought a Koenigsegg otherwise! Back on track... I have stuck with what I'd consider the most basic LE options: Launch Green, Black interior. I did add on all the extras that were available 3 years ago but have not messed with it since in fear of delaying delivery. My delivery is set for home but wondering if requesting a Bloomington/Normal pickup would give any priority. I'm 2 hours drive north.
That turned into a bigger ramble than I planned.
Hope you all ahead of me get your deliveries expedited so they can get on to mine!
I wouldn't worry too much yet about the guide contact. With a delivery estimate of April/May I didn't get any email about a guide until April 1 and the email to schedule guide contact on April 11. So my first email coincided with the first day of my delivery window. That's just one data point, but if that ends up being the pattern then you'd get your first email on May 1.

If I were that close I'd definitely pick it up at the factory. I think you can also schedule a factory tour to coincide with picking it up. I'm originally from that area and have relatives there, so I briefly considered picking mine up at the factory and driving it down to Texas, but I don't want to start out with over 1K miles on the vehicle (and adding those miles to my trade) and the hassles and expense of a road trip both ways. If there was a discount for factory pick up I'd probably do it anyway, but I think there are legal barriers to offering that in the US.

I was told last Friday that my delivery was still looking good for 1-2 weeks out. I have the same colors as you and 20" wheels. I emailed my guide this morning to see if the changes to production batching will have any effect on my delivery date, hopefully not since I likely have a fairly common config for a Launch Edition. After waiting 3.5 years I'm not in a huge hurry, but last week I did get a loan approval to lock in the interest rate, and it expires after 60 days, so hopefully I won't have a major delay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the calming information. I did just email customer support about a factory pickup, I'll post their answer here when I hear back. My other questions have taken a few days for a response.

Please let me know what you find out from your question as well! Sounds like a match except for the wheels. I have the 22" sport bright. Really curious about what will make a difference.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bet you could flip it for a profit. Much better than the Tesla Model X and less expensive...even at the new higher price. If it's half as good as advertised the price has nowhere to go but up. I have already been offered significantly over the Launch Edition price...but no way I'm selling.
I'm sure I'm not the only one kicking myself for not ordering 2 when I placed my order. 1 to keep, the other to flip at a crazy profit and bring down the cost of my own.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the calming information. I did just email customer support about a factory pickup, I'll post their answer here when I hear back. My other questions have taken a few days for a response.

Please let me know what you find out from your question as well! Sounds like a match except for the wheels. I have the 22" sport bright. Really curious about what will make a difference.
I received an answer from customer service on 4/29

Nothing specific:
"In the meantime, I can confirm that your delivery window of May - June 2022 continues to remain accurate, and we look forward to connecting you with a Guide very soon. Along with that, a delivery timing update will be shared in the coming weeks and we appreciate the continued patience."
"I will document your interest in a factory pickup, and once you are assigned a Guide, you will have a chance to discuss delivery options at that time."

I continue to be hopeful that delivery will be prior to mid-June because of a planned family road trip. But, I had the same hopeful thoughts in November that I would have it for Christmas.

I'd really like to see an email from Rivian with some positive and productive news instead of the delays we're coming to expect.

·
Registered
35 Posts
We already in May (getting over 1st week of May), Anyone got delivery date for R1S?
My guide hasn't responded to my last few emails. His last response was Tuesday, April 26 saying that mine still looked good for delivery within 2 weeks. He was very responsive up to that point, so I wonder if R1S deliveries are delayed and they've been instructed not communicate it yet. Hopefully I can at least complete the financial transaction by June 10. That's when my loan approval expires and I lose the 1.95% interest rate I locked.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
My guide hasn't responded to my last few emails. His last response was Tuesday, April 26 saying that mine still looked good for delivery within 2 weeks. He was very responsive up to that point, so I wonder if R1S deliveries are delayed and they've been instructed not communicate it yet. Hopefully I can at least complete the financial transaction by June 10. That's when my loan approval expires and I lose the 1.95% interest rate I locked.
I have not heard back either. My guide told me a couple of weeks ago that we are still on track for end of May...which is right around the corner. Since I am in CT, they would need to get it here soon!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)
I just spoke with my guide and she reinforced the announcement that priority now is to supply employees the R1S. Seems they are seeing the early units will be to used for quality testing with employees. I think this is wise. Rivian has only one chance to make a first impression. Manufacturing quantity is hard, so I appreciate them being careful. My delivery date was April/May and she said that is highly unlikely. Seems it will be 1-2 months late (at least).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just spoke with my guide and she reinforced the announcement that priority now is to supply employees the R1S. Seems they are seeing the early units will be to used for quality testing with employees. I think this is wise. Rivian has only one chance to make a first impression. Manufacturing quantity is hard, so I appreciate them being careful. My delivery date was April/May and she said that is highly unlikely. Seems it will be 1-2 months late (at least).
I got the same info from my guide. I was told April/ May until very recently and that the employee first program - or the recent decision to do that like they did with the trucks - set things back. My guide has been phenomenal and I did a test drive (with the truck) last weekend and am super excited.

For context… ordered in December 2018. Launch edition in El Cap / black interior with 20” wheels / off road tires.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've been waiting since Rivian removed the verbiage about an R1S Max, about 18 months back, for information about the "Longer Range" version of their SUV. I don't think the wait will be over anytime soon . . .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did anyone hear from Rivian this week on R1S revised delivery dates?
I got on the chat last night (my guide is on vacation) and was told “still this week!” …. And I was like “well it’s Friday night” and their response was “yep, still planning to release this week!” …. So maybe 11:59pm tonight?

61 - 80 of 100 Posts