Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post though I've commented on others. I live in Philly and I'm getting ready to take delivery so I thought I'd provide some details here in case anyone is interested. I've been following these threads but it seems that once someone gets their R1T they drop off the forum. Hopefully others find this info helpful.

6/25/20: I put in my pre-order (about a year after I first wanted to...)
11/16/20: Got the e-mail that my pre-order was ready to configure.
11/23/21: Received e-mail giving delivery window of April/May 2022
3/1/22: Pricing update e-mail
3/3/22: Pricing walk-back e-mail
3/10/22: Original Pricing was shown on my configurator
3/12/22: Could no longer enter the configurator, message shows to contact guide with any changes!
3/18/22: Contacted by Guide!

Had a great call today which lasted 30 min (and I had very few questions). He mentioned that Rivian is trying to get 1,800 units out this month and I'm one of the lucky ones. He confirmed my config and info and gave me a heads up that there is an 8 step online process that goes over pricing, how to pay, insurance etc. He mentioned that the trade in program pricing for your current vehicle has been very well received. I did ask about the pricing fiasco and the guides were caught as off-guard as we were. Adventure kits like the tent and kitchen are backordered so you have the option to take the vehicle without those. I wanted the racks but I'll have to purchase after taking delivery.

Build:
- Launch Edition
- Large Pack
- Color: Launch Green
- Wheels: 20" All-Terrain
- Interior: Black Mountain
- Adventure Gear: Tow Hooks / Field Kit / Powered Tonneau / Wall Charger

I'll update when I hear more or have the truck delivered.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is my first post though I've commented on others. I live in Philly and I'm getting ready to take delivery so I thought I'd provide some details here in case anyone is interested. I've been following these threads but it seems that once someone gets their R1T they drop off the forum. Hopefully others find this info helpful.

3/12/22: Could no longer enter the configurator, message shows to contact guide with any changes!

Had a great call today which lasted 30 min (and I had very few questions). He mentioned that Rivian is trying to get 1,800 units out this month and I'm one of the lucky ones. He confirmed my config and info and gave me a heads up that there is an 8 step online process that goes over pricing, how to pay, insurance etc. He mentioned that the trade in program pricing for your current vehicle has been very well received. I did ask about the pricing fiasco and the guides were caught as off-guard as we were. Adventure kits like the tent and kitchen are backordered so you have the option to take the vehicle without those. I wanted the racks but I'll have to purchase after taking delivery.

Build:
  • Launch Edition
  • Large Pack
  • Color: Launch Green
  • Wheels: 20" All-Terrain
  • Interior: Black Mountain
  • Adventure Gear: Tow Hooks / Field Kit / Powered Tonneau / Wall Charger

Thanks. Congrats!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shortly after the call I got an e-mail "Rivian has added you as a Signer to the Preliminary Buyer's Agreement." A link in this e-mail took me a page where I had to agree to e-signature consent. That took me to a second window, "Preliminary Buyer’s Agreement" that lists the price and config and has lots of legal such as any contract. I e-signed this and then I was able to download my purchase agreement. I read it and it took about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
19 Posts

Build:
  • Launch Edition
  • Large Pack
  • Color: Launch Green
  • Wheels: 20" All-Terrain
  • Interior: Black Mountain
  • Adventure Gear: Tow Hooks / Field Kit / Powered Tonneau / Wall Charger

I have the exact same config but put my preorder in on 1/8/2020 (5+ months before yours) and was told window of April/May 2022. Wonder how they are prioritizing. Must be regional. I'm in northeast. Congrats on your upcoming delivery!!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have the exact same config but put my preorder in on 1/8/2020 (5+ months before yours) and was told window of April/May 2022. Wonder how they are prioritizing. Must be regional. I'm in northeast. Congrats on your upcoming delivery!!!!
Where in the North East? I was told that the vehicle would come from Virginia or NY. If you have the same delivery window then I suggest checking to see if you have access to your config. If you can no longer make changes then I'd say you're getting close.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Where in the North East? I was told that the vehicle would come from Virginia or NY. If you have the same delivery window then I suggest checking to see if you have access to your config. If you can no longer make changes then I'd say you're getting close.
Congrats!

I’m outside of Boston, nov ‘21 order and patient.

I’m guessing they aren’t going to divulge everything about their system of matching a specific configuration to a person or an area as there are likely a lot of us that would try to get earlier delivery throw that system off.
Please keep us in the loop.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I suggest checking to see if you have access to your config. If you can no longer make changes then I'd say you're getting close.
I hope this turns out to be true. But I would guess their changes to the system to revert pricing are keeping people from accessing the configurator. I currently cannot access the configurator - says to contact my guide who has never connected with me. but if that indicates I'm close to delivery, then.. Great!

I have never been contacted by a guide.

January 5 2019, LE R1T, Forrest Green, Large pack, Ocean Coast, 20" AT, April-May Delivery Estimate. Southeastern US.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My config still shows the higher pricing. Looks like I can edit it, but I don't want to mess it up. I'm north of Boston.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Congrats @hazelnutz18 - I'm jealous!

I also live in the Philly area and put a deposit in place in March 2020. I can't even configure the Rivian that I want yet since that is an R1S with a longer range battery pack. My placeholder is an R1T Max that Rivian says will be delivered in early 2023. I personally think that is highly optimistic given that only about 15,000 R1's - yours being one of them - will be in driveways this year.

Please keep posting once you get the Rivian. My guess is that Philly will be among the last places for "First Mile" test rides, so those of us in southeast PA will have to test drive vicariously through actual owners like you.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I'm sure it has to do with proximity & the readiness of the service center that it is being delivered from (and would likely be serviced from) as well as order date and config. I'm betting New England deliveries will be staged from BOS which is not ready yet.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I hope this turns out to be true. But I would guess their changes to the system to revert pricing are keeping people from accessing the configurator. I currently cannot access the configurator - says to contact my guide who has never connected with me. but if that indicates I'm close to delivery, then.. Great!

I have never been contacted by a guide.

January 5 2019, LE R1T, Forrest Green, Large pack, Ocean Coast, 20" AT, April-May Delivery Estimate. Southeastern US.
After my pricing reverted to original, I was still able to access the configurator for 2 days.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats!

I’m outside of Boston, nov ‘21 order and patient.

I’m guessing they aren’t going to divulge everything about their system of matching a specific configuration to a person or an area as there are likely a lot of us that would try to get earlier delivery throw that system off.
Please keep us in the loop.
The guide confirmed it is based on location and configuration. There are 3 places that vehicles are being delivered from on the east coast. Yesterday my option was either DC or Brooklyn. Today I was told that it's coming out of DC and will most likely be ready this week as opposed to what I was told yesterday which was the end of the month.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Shortly after the call I got an e-mail "Rivian has added you as a Signer to the Preliminary Buyer's Agreement." A link in this e-mail took me a page where I had to agree to e-signature consent. That took me to a second window, "Preliminary Buyer’s Agreement" that lists the price and config and has lots of legal such as any contract. I e-signed this and then I was able to download my purchase agreement. I read it and it took about 10 minutes.
Did you read the details of the PA - Purchase Agreement in detail? Mine was 15 pages long and included alot of questionable language that basically takes the purchaser for a fool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you read the details of the PA - Purchase Agreement in detail? Mine was 15 pages long and included alot of questionable language that basically takes the purchaser for a fool.
1. Language giving Rivian the ability to unilaterally change the agreement, change and charge a different price, take a security interest in the R1T for the term of the agreement which actually survives the purchase and delivery, to not guarantee delivery, etc. Also one of the most ludicrous paragraph is the “AS IS” paragraph. Also pay special attention to the mileage on Page 1. My R1T has 120 miles????

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd like to keep this thread about the process but I'm happy to discuss details about the agreement if you'd like to create a separate post. To your question though, I've only received the Preliminary Buyers Agreement which is 8 pages and seems very straight forward. I have not received the PA. Most purchase orders/agreements across various industries leave the buyer with limited options/recourse. I would expect that the R1T PA would be more similar to a software agreement as opposed to a standard auto arbitration agreement.

I do plan to read the full PA so thanks for pointing out that you were uncomfortable with it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There was some confusion... After your Guide call, an 8 step process should be initiated. This supposedly was supposed to happen Friday 3/18 but didn't I was contacted again on Saturday to make sure I got the notification but it hadn't come through. On Sunday 3/20 at 2PM my account changed. I started the process but cant complete it out of business hours so I've got to wait until tomorrow.

Step 1 - Title & Registration info (copy of DL etc)
Step 2 - Trade in info (VIN or plate info)
Step 3 - Financing
Step 4 - Insurance (can bundle home+auto but closed on weekends)
Step 5 - Upload Documents
Step 6 - Sign Contracts
Step 7 - Payment
Step 8 - Schedule Delivery

·
Registered
21 Posts
After my pricing reverted to original, I was still able to access the configurator for 2 days.
Interesting.

I didn’t check every day but nearly every day for the price correction, if there was a window to adjust the details, I never saw It, which isn’t a problem. Now it’s price corrected but also says;

“Your configuration is confirmed — to make any changes, please reach out to your Rivian Guide. Changes to some options may affect your delivery timing.”

I’ve never been contacted by a guide but now it has a specific person I can contact.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Interesting.

I didn’t check every day but nearly every day for the price correction, if there was a window to adjust the details, I never saw It, which isn’t a problem. Now it’s price corrected but also says;

“Your configuration is confirmed — to make any changes, please reach out to your Rivian Guide. Changes to some options may affect your delivery timing.”

I’ve never been contacted by a guide but now it has a specific person I can contact.
I hadn't been contacted previously either. I wouldn't be surprised if you'll be contacted this week. If you're in the SE and vehicles are coming out of DC then that seems reasonable based on your reservation date. I'm 150 miles from DC.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts