Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you confirm the total length of the truck? Yes I read the spec page, but would like someone to confirm total length. Need to make sure the truck will fit in my garage.

I am also curious how well the lane keep assist function will work. My hyundai kona it only works over 40mph, but I like it when its on especially on a windy day.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I got an invite to test the R1T in a few weeks. If you have any questions or curiosities send them over and I’ll do my best to look into it.
Ask Rivian if they plan on upgrading the underbody shields on their Off-Road package. They didn't do a good job at protecting a Rivian during the 2021 Rebelle Rally, per CNET Roadshow article, it's basically plastic held up with plastic clips. I'm considering removing this Off-Road package for my R1T and R1S, save $4000...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Could you ask them if you go on and off-road Adventure (see what I did there :p ), out of cell range... how are you supposed to get music?

Thanks!
I'm sure the Spotify app will let you save songs for offline playback mode just like on any other device. The question is how much onboard storage is available for this purpose or any other future apps?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm sure the Spotify app will let you save songs for offline playback mode just like on any other device. The question is how much onboard storage is available for this purpose or any other future apps?
I actually asked this exact question, whether you can download from Spotify directly through the UI into on board storage, to CS a few days ago and the answer was yet another "That's a good question that I don't currently have any information on..." While I certainly hope that will be possible, Rivian doesn't seem interested in providing any information regarding media/infotainment options other than "you can stream through Spotify so you should be all set". As usual, more information would equal less anxiety and more excitement about the product...

·
Registered
Model 3
5 Posts
Can you confirm the total length of the truck? Yes I read the spec page, but would like someone to confirm total length. Need to make sure the truck will fit in my garage.

I am also curious how well the lane keep assist function will work. My hyundai kona it only works over 40mph, but I like it when its on especially on a windy day.
If you are going to be so gracious enough to measure length, would you mind also measuring width at the rear tires?
That's what I really need to know if it will fit in my driveway.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Hi, my question... Does the rearview mirror (center of front window, not side mirrors) show a "camera view" of what's behind your vehicle, like I saw in a cadillac escalade?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I have music and audiobooks loaded on my phone so I can stream w/ or w/o cell reception. Just takes a little advance planning!
That can't match the 200 channels of entertainment on hand instantly from SXM. That's the point we're trying to make with Rivian.. you have an "Adventure" vehicle designed for off grid adventures, give us SXM so we can enjoy music, news, talk when we're off grid without preloading content on to our phones, etc.

·
Registered
444 Posts
That can't match the 200 channels of entertainment on hand instantly from SXM. That's the point we're trying to make with Rivian.. you have an "Adventure" vehicle designed for off grid adventures, give us SXM so we can enjoy music, news, talk when we're off grid without preloading content on to our phones, etc.
Exactly

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got an invite to test the R1T in a few weeks. If you have any questions or curiosities send them over and I’ll do my best to look into it.
I am curious when you reserved your Rivian. I haven't heard from anyone (guide) yet and was hoping to get a chance at a first Mile event in California. I reserved mine in
March 2019 and signed up for the First Mile.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.