Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve never owned a glass-roof vehicle. Slight concern it will be too bright on sunny days with no option to moderate interior brightness 🔆. I know, first world problems. Hoping to get perspective from someone that’s either received delivery or conducted a test drive. Any ideas other than tint or wait for removable roof option?

·
Registered
R1S, Forrest Green/Black
275 Posts
Had panoramic roof in the past with mixed results. It really comes down to the tinting they are using on the glass. One vehicle had practically nothing you had to close the sunshade otherwise it was an oven in the vehicle. Another had pretty good tinting and it was fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve never owned a glass-roof vehicle. Slight concern it will be too bright on sunny days with no option to moderate interior brightness 🔆. I know, first world problems. Hoping to get perspective from someone that’s either received delivery or conducted a test drive. Any ideas other than tint or wait for removable roof option?
A direct quote from my Rivian Ambassador:
Our panoramic glass roof:
• the panoramic glass roof is tinted and allows less than 2% of total light to pass through (so you won't need to worry about it being "too bright")
• the panoramic glass roof blocks 99.96% of UV rays (so you won't have to worry about sunburns)
• the glass has an SPF equivalent to SPF 96,173 (yep, you read that right!).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A direct quote from my Rivian Ambassador:
Our panoramic glass roof:
• the panoramic glass roof is tinted and allows less than 2% of total light to pass through (so you won't need to worry about it being "too bright")
• the panoramic glass roof blocks 99.96% of UV rays (so you won't have to worry about sunburns)
• the glass has an SPF equivalent to SPF 96,173 (yep, you read that right!).
That’s some good data. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Had panoramic roof in the past with mixed results. It really comes down to the tinting they are using on the glass. One vehicle had practically nothing you had to close the sunshade otherwise it was an oven in the vehicle. Another had pretty good tinting and it was fine.
We have a panoramic roof in our Range Rover and I don't notice it being overly hot in the summer here in SoCal. It does have a retractable sunshade though and it is factory tinted.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.