Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a way to combat Rivian's Tank Turn, the GMC Hummer will have a "Crab Mode" that will allow it to move diagonally.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Didn't they try this in the past and was a super expensive option? Can't recall what they called it though...

·
Registered
392 Posts
Didn't they try this in the past and was a super expensive option? Can't recall what they called it though...
Features like this are almost becoming normal for premium vehicles. With premium sporty vehicles its rear wheel steer, and now pickup truck makers are finally giving us some equally exciting stuff.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm not sure if they did or not. Do you remember which vehicle it was with?
I think it was on the Chevy Suburban. The option was called Quadrasteer for $7K. Unlike crab mode that the back wheels will rotate to make the car drive diagonally, before they used to rotate the other way to make the turning radius tighter.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it was on the Chevy Suburban. The option was called Quadrasteer for $7K. Unlike crab mode that the back wheels will rotate to make the car drive diagonally, before they used to rotate the other way to make the turning radius tighter.
I did some googling and it looks like it was for the Silverado. Crab mode does seem like an evolution of it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
crab mode is indeed an evolution and one I expect GM to show off a lot around the Hummer's reveal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts