Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Honestly, I might put down a reservation for a GMC Sierra Denali EV. The Silverado was a compelling offering, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that coin on the Chevy version.
My issue with GMC is that their styling is probably the worst of all the GM brands. I have a reservation for the Silverado because I think probably the style of the GM trucks. I only wish it came with the removable panels like the Hummer EV.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
My issue with GMC is that their styling is probably the worst of all the GM brands. I have a reservation for the Silverado because I think probably the style of the GM trucks. I only wish it came with the removable panels like the Hummer EV.
Strong disagreement on that point, for me. GMC is consistently the better looking of the twins. This has been true for as long as I can remember.

· Registered
Rivian R1T (Adventure - CR, BM, 21", Ordered 10/5/2021, Delivered 6/24/2022), Suburban 2500, VW ID.4
262 Posts
Strong disagreement on that point, for me. GMC is consistently the better looking of the twins. This has been true for as long as I can remember.
Perfect example of why these twins can co-exist, and don't steal sales from each other.

I'm interested to see what the GMC looks like.

· Registered
9 Posts
I would agree with you up until the current generation of trucks. I don't like the Silverado's current styling but think the Sierra's is worse. I was always a fan of GMC, even had a Yukon at one point but I don't like the new styling direction. I think the Silverado EV is the best looker of all of the new EV trucks and will be interested if they make a Suburban EV based off of it.

I'm still excited for the R1S and hopefully it will be delivered in the 1H2023.

· Registered
31 Posts
Android Auto versus Apple CarPlay, a debate as old as….well, 3 years?

I’m really liking that a few manufacturers are shipping both AA and ACP (in the same vehicle) so that we aren’t stuck with tech we can’t use because 1. we don’t have the matching phone to fully utilize the functionality, or 2. we aren’t used to a different UI or a different implementation of what essentially comes down to phone operating system.

The good news is, software can and does change.

Using build materials that aren’t in step with vehicle pricing, or finish that looks like a cheap snap-together kid toy, is much more difficult to change after delivery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts