Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner

Have you had a fit and finish or a mechanical problem with your R1T?

• Nope, my experience has been great.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Yes, I’ve had minor issues but nothing that required me to take the vehicle in for service.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Yes, I’ve had issues that could only be resolved by taking the vehicle to a service center.

Votes: 4 33.3%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been quite a few posts about people unsatisfied with build/finish quality and/or having significant problems fairly shortly after taking delivery. I’m guessing these are the minority of customers taking delivery but also the most outspoken. I’d love to hear from some of you out there that have had a trouble free initial ownership period.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Tesla Model S 85D, 2019 Toyota 4Runner TRD OffRoad
615 Posts
I’ve got an issue with two trim seals and the PPF behind the passenger side front fender. Reported it last Wednesday and they called today to set an appointment for a week from next Monday. I volunteered to take it to the SLC service center if they could work on it while I waited. Pictures below. I’ve also got some tiger striping in the hood that you only see in direct sunlight and doesn’t come thru in photos. It looks like something caused by a bad buff job. I didn’t report it, but plan to point it out when I take it in.

I completely expected some things like this, so not at all upset about it.

Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Grey

·
Registered
103 Posts
I took delivery on May 9 and have not had any issues. It was an early build date 2/22 with a VIN 19xx. I updated the software the day after I got it, to 2022.15.0. I'm really happy with it so far !

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came from a Model 3 to try electric - but I knew my endgame was the Rivian.

Took delivery Saturday, and it's great. There are no panel gap issues or usability quirks or anything I would consider writing about... Everything is as good as I imagined it would be, or it's better. And I know because we're in the infancy of releases, it's only going to get better with software updates.

Feels pretty cool.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts

Took delivery Saturday, and it's great. There are no panel gap issues or usability quirks or anything I would consider writing about... Everything is as good as I imagined it would be, or it's better. And I know because we're in the infancy of releases, it's only going to get better with software updates.

Feels pretty cool.
Congrats on the Rivian!
Would love to see pics and even a review of it after you put on enough miles :)

·
Registered
5 Posts

Feels pretty cool.
I echo this. I took delivery of an Adventure Package today from the West Sacramento service center. Truck is beautiful with no panel gap or paint issues. No issues with it pulling to the right or steering wheel shaking. The delivery experience was great as the folks at the center took their time to explain everything to me before they sent me on my way. Only have 40 miles on it but it's better than I imagined. Quite the difference from my Ram 1500 which is cool in its own right.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Not super scientific, however, but I probably have a larger sample size of data than most. I went to the Plymouth, MI facility twice in the past week to scope out trucks / color combos. Of the 12 R1Ts I looked at for fit / finish issues, I only saw 1 LG vehicle that had terrible gaps and alignment issues on the hood, gear tunnel doors and rear doors. Most of the other vehicles in the parking lot still had the white plastic shipping protection film applied, but I could clearly see better fitments along the hood to the headlights, the GT doors and the flatness of the hood to the fenders. Just a guess, but I am thinking the newest builds are getting better and better. That is why in the automotive universe, buying a first run of a brand new vehicle (new company or not) is generally a bad idea as things like this take time to flush out.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I took delivery 6-24-2022 the truck is amazing R1T Forest Green/ Black. I have about 2200 miles on it. The only thing that I've had go wrong is the Key fob hasn't worked since day one. And I haven't received the wrist band either. Other than that it's been a great experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts