Rivian Forum – Rivian R1T & R1S News, Pricing & Order... banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took delivery on blue R1T, exactly 8 days after i dropped down from Max pack to large pack. It was fast. Original reservation October.
Awesome truck, couple of gremlins in the software, but that will get fixed. My Samsung ZFold phone wont synch with the car yet.

amazed at how quick the conversion from max to large got me a truck with an +/- 1 year old date.

· Registered
2022 R1T no spare, no tonneau, El Cap, dark 22's
78 Posts
took delivery on blue R1T, exactly 8 days after i dropped down from Max pack to large pack. It was fast. Original reservation October.
Awesome truck, couple of gremlins in the software, but that will get fixed. My Samsung ZFold phone wont synch with the car yet.

amazed at how quick the conversion from max to large got me a truck with an +/- 1 year old date.
My el cap, black, 22's, no tonneau, no jack no spare was delivered in Brooklyn yesterday, A very peasant experience. Carlos handled the delivery and was willing spend as much time as it took to go over everything. I had read most of the manual and been reading this forum for a few weeks, but there is a lot to learn.

I am very thankful that the operation of the right stalk is the same in the Tesla and Rivian because otherwise would be a problem, going from one to the other. I still try to use it for the wipers (BMW) but am getting better. Luckily it doesn't put it into reverse when the truck is moving.
Coming from a model 3 and MY Performance, the acceleration is not breathtaking, but impressive.

I am very pleased with my color choice and interior. the ventilated seats are fantastic, but I question the ventilation is only for cold air. The heat setting is just heat, no blowing.

I plan to get the tire goop kit like the Tesla because I didn't like the jack that would have come with the truck if I had I read my emails, so I wont miss the spare or absence of jack. I would have ordered the tonneau, but it would have been removed anyway and the slats should be here in a few months; I did order cargo bars, which arrived before the truck.

Anyway, really cool truck, lots of people came over when I parked to ask about it. The puppies are quite happy I their crate in the back. I folded the seat bottom forward and the crate fits I the space securely. Everything closes with a thud and there are no rattles. Gear tunnel will get storage use, tie downs, blankets, shopping bags.

It won't be my daily driver, still loving the MYP with 1250 miles on it. My wife is driving the model 3LR and loves it. After driving the Y, I wouldn't go back. Looking into solar before I get the electric bill charging 3 EV's

But, what's this about the 100mph top speed? really?? Free connectivity for a year is a great deal. Tesla gave 1 month. Almost the same color as the Teslas which are both grey metallic, with black interiors. it's late and raining, but I am going out to visit the Rivian. I am pretty sure it won't fit in the garage, because of cabinets and shelves in the back, but my darling wife has agreed to let me build another garage.

Ray

· Registered
Rivian R1T, Forest Green, Black Mountain, 20" A/T
22 Posts
Got my R1T last Tuesday, almost exactly 1 year from order date. Forest Green, Black Mountain, 20" A/T. Took 2,000 mile road trip on day one with the new truck. R1T performed flawlessly (although charging network is a stinker vs. Tesla's).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts